Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope 35w wheels, what is the go to tyre combo?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys I have a pair of hope 35w wheels and want to put them on my full suss. The bike is a long travel bike that I mainly use for Welsh trail centres. I’m not a hard or aggressive rider but would like to make the most of my wheels. What tyres are everyone using on the wider rims? Thanks.

z1ppy

They aren’t that wide with 30mm ID, some ppl say.. that a 2.8 will fit (but not as well as with 35mm+ ID rims)  if you want to go that way (& will fit you frame), 2.4 -2.6 seem a better compromise. I’m tending to stick to Maxxis tyre lately and am currently running Minion DHF’s 2.5 and they’re working well in the local slop

weeksy

2.35 wTB Trail Boss and Vigilante on mine.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys, my frame won’t take plus sized tyres so your suggestions are spot on.

timbog160

Got a 2.6 minion dhf on front of mine and it’s mint – 2.3 on back but tempted to go to 2.4 or 2.5.

sharkattack

I’ve got the new Specialized 2.8 tyres and they’re surprisingly good. It’s like an extra level of insulation that I’ve never felt before. But I say that going back to back doing uplift days on 2.3 tyres. If you’re not riding rough trails you might not need them.

I’ve been using a Hillbilly and Butcher in the winter slop. I might put the Butcher up front and a Purgatory out back when it dries out a bit.

Potdog
    Free Member

They’re a 35mm ID and 40mm OD. (Just double checked the Hope website as I was pretty sure they were bigger than a 30mm ID)

But I use a 2.6 Minion DHF on the front and a 2.35 HR2 on the rear. Also had a 2.35 (I think) Agressor on the rear which was rather nice.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tyres choice is by the conditions you ride in, not what rims you have.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There we have it rim width makes no difference to what tyres you use . I’ll just stick a 3.0 Purgatory on my hope Xc  rim And see how it goes .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope 35w wheels, what is the go to tyre combo?’ is closed to new replies.