Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope 11-48 cassette
  • MSP

Has anyone used the hope 11-48 cassette with xtr 11 speed?

Wondering how it handles the range or if a wolftooth goatlink might be advisable.

barbs
    Free Member

I have. I’ve put a One Up R Cage thingy on it and it works well. Had it set up in the stand as standard and it seemed to shift fine but I never used it in anger so can’t really comment on that set up.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I really lve the range in n my Hope 10-48 but the mech does struggle with the range.

Hope recommend a mechanism with an offset pulley. The SRAM stuff certainly has a larger offset.

Someone suggested adjusting the b-screw for the sagged position rather than the unweighted.

Both wolftooth and one-up make replacement cages that offer more offset on the top pulley. I’d love someone to compare the two back to back.

The goat link really isn’t going to make enough difference. I’m running one while I wait for the wolf cage but it doesn’t solve it.

Oddly, it seems to be the 12 to 14 and 14 to 16 shifts that suffer on mine.

MSP

The one-up radr cage looks to be for 10 speed, so I guess that makes the wolf cage the best option (although I can’t get my head around the eccentric upper jockey wheel). I think I will order the goats link as well, and maybe the dropper remote…..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shark cage from one-up. Need to change both cage plates but uses a standard jockey wheel and I think has more offset.

Wolfcage. Custom jockey wheel (rather cunning actually as this provides the offset) but is easier to fit as it only replaces one half if the cage.

One up sell from a UK warehouse. Wolftooth dint currently have a UK importer but that may be about to change.

Personally, I think the wolftooth looks better but is currently out if stock for xtr-sgs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope 11-48 cassette’ is closed to new replies.