Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hooray for freecycle !!
  • Mounty_73

I have spent all day sorting out all sorts of stuff……all of which would have possibly been thrown away….what a great little idea/site !

I have put up all sorts of stuff and so far its all going somewhere else…

carlosg
    Free Member

It is if they turn up ! , we’ve had a lot of people mess us about in the past.

Still a very good idea though.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have always found it really good.

Just got a brilliant little wendy house for my daughter and a slide.

Have given away quite a bit in the past, loft insulation, gravel, desk etc.

I find you have to be very quick of the mark if you reply to an offer to be successful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mounty_73

I am expecting that to happen….but its got to be worth a go, otherwise it goes to the tip, which is such a waste !

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Have you got a sofabed you can deliver to Bury….? 😀

I’ve posted on 3 different groups and even if I reply to someone instantly everythings always gone 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

You know they’re just going to bin it in the end. Or someone else will.

Freecycle is for when you want someone else to take stuff down the tip for you 😉

z1ppy

bagpuss, are you replying to the email ad’s, or the website post’s… seemingly the website’s are watched like hawk’s from what I’ve seen.
    Try a wanted ad instead of waiting…

I did managed to get rid of some UPVC windows the other week though, gone to some bloke for his kid’s shed, much better option than the woman people who thought they’d just be able to pop them in as replacement for their current windows

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I have got a wanted ad posted on all 3 groups too but no joy so far I can’t really sit watching the sites so guess its why I miss out 🙁

HTTP404
    Free Member

agreed. it’s great to get rid of stuff but try getting hold of anything decent….

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I still disagree, this year so far I have got a Wendy house, kids slide, picnic table and a Dualit toaster that just needs a new element all without any great degree of hassle some stuff from a wanted add and other stuff from peoples offered adds.

Just waiting to see if I can got and collect some top soil for the veg plot.

Molegrips, off course everything gets binned in the end but many things can live a much longer more usefull life. I try my hardest to always buy second hand either freecycle, ebay, classified its a little bit of work but it makes my small wage go much further.

carlosg
    Free Member

HTTP404 – Member

agreed. it’s great to get rid of stuff but try getting hold of anything decent….

Had about 60 good quality 2×2 paving slabs , 4 month old carpet and underlay (as his wife changed her mind),boxing gloves and punchbag , floor to ceiling mirrored wardrobe doors(would have been circa £200 on ebay) , the list goes on. Given plenty of useable stuff away too.

Freecycle is a fantastic idea , just a few people let the idea down.

kimbers

molgrips dont be so cynical ive got rid of plenty of stuff on there and picked up a couple of decent things too all of which im certain have been very useful to teh new owners, and me!

Mounty_73

All the stuff that I have put up is good quality stuff, its just that I dont either need them or just dont use it….if someone can get more use out of it….good, it will stay away from landfill for a bit longer!

uwe-r
    Free Member

I freecycled a tv once that had dodgy sound but was still well usable. Some students turned up and i felt like i sholud offer to drive them home as they were discussing whether they could get it on a bus.

It was a big rear projection job that took two people to lift!!

In the end i just let them to it. F*****g students.

carbon337
    Free Member

If anyone has a greenhouse and paving slabs in the NEWCATSLE area I will have it. Been trying freecycle for weeks to try and get one.

thepurist

I put a wanted ad for a mountain bike as I was after something to use as the base for a singlespeed commuter. Got this.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I misread the title as ‘Hora for freecycle’, which seemed a bit unfair on both great institutions.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d agree its VERY useful, but im sure there are people who constantly monitor it and get in there first. I suspect they’ll be down the carboot selling it at the weekend.
    What does REALLY annoy, are the wanteds ads, which account for 75% of the posts on there. Requests for things like Wiis or X Box 360s, yeah ‘cos im REALLY going to give that away if its working. Morons.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hooray for freecycle !!’ is closed to new replies.