Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Honk if you are HONCing
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Quick ONLY 70 places left…

clareymorris

I’m in – only 53 left!!!

GaryLake
    Free Member

No 892. Only doing 50km but taking the new, yet-to-be-delivered Singlespeed…

kinda666
    Free Member

I’m no 941, i know someone that is 1016? how did that happen?? tthought there was only 1000 places!

mrmo
    Free Member

1100 places this year.

kinda666
    Free Member

Just seen that mrmo! 🙂

jazzpootle
    Free Member

I’m in at 1062…. I didn’t know this existed until now. This will give me some incentive to get out on the bike and lose a few pounds!

grahamh
    Free Member

Too late now. We’re full.

clubber
    Free Member

Can’t believe it’s sold out so fast this year!

rogerredhat
    Free Member

Too late now. We’re full.

Ah b******s. Boo hoo.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Damn, just missed out. Had the online entry 90% completed the other day then got distracted by MSN and forgot about it. Will have to keep an eye out for any places being sold nearer the date.

GaryLake
    Free Member

So refuelling… I have a 2.5 litre camelbak which I don’t think is going to be enough fluid (could be wrong, I never know how much to drink but from the colour of my Pee it’s usually too little).

It says refreshments half way – does this include being able to refill hydro packs or do I need to look at methods of taking more fluid with me?

ace_sparky
    Free Member

They always have plenty to eat and drink at the half way point, don’t worry too much about it, but if you are doing the 100k it might take you around 3 hrs to reach the half way point so you need to make sure you have enough food and drink to get you there.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’m happy with 2.5 ltrs for 3 hours but can I actually refill my camelbak at the feed station?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

yep, at least you could last year if you asked nicely. I filled my bottles.

CX for me

*prays for mud and bumpy field avoidance*

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’ll be riding a 140mm trail bike with no bottle mounts (clever) – might look into one of those waist packs with holders on just in case.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

2.5 litres should be more than enough. I’ll be using two 800ml bottles. Just drink a litre or so of water on the way to the start, so that you start well hydrated.

cmyk
    Free Member

100k on the cx bike for me too.

Also praying for soft(ish) conditions and less of those helmet rattling bumps!

MrAgreeable

Bit too much detail there Gary. 😉

The feed station is a village hall with loos so you will be able to refill your camelback no problem. Also be sure to grab some of the bread and butter pudding!

I’ll be CXing it this year and I’m very tempted to do the 100k. I think I have mentally edited all the gopping sections from last year…

GaryLake
    Free Member

ADH – do you commute on a browny-gold resprayed GT by any chance? I may have seen you grinding away at the traffic lights outside the Berkeley this morning…

MrAgreeable

Gary, yes that’s me, although my hack bike wasn’t resprayed, it’s actually covered with wood effect Fablon to deter the thieves (and everyone else).

nunuboogie
    Free Member

honc honc second year running, looking forward to it!

grahamh
    Free Member

Anotherdeadhero, I’ve added lots of bummpy fields this year!! 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

grahamh – Member
    Anotherdeadhero, I’ve added lots of bummpy fields this year!!

*shakes fist*

Ah’ll gettie, see if I dunnae! 😡

GaryLake – Member
    ADH – do you commute on a browny-gold resprayed GT by any chance?

Nah, that’s Ant, the blonde beardy beaut that he is. My commute is A38 or southmead road or round the lanes though Over and Hallen.

sheldona
    Free Member

There’s no bumpy fields in the Cotswolds at the moment, they’re all under a layer of slimey mud!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Couple of weeks ago they were under a few inches of snow. I think the roads were in a worse state than anything off road too !

martyntr
    Free Member

I’m in aswell……

Any ideas how much climbing there is ? I’m not shy of climbing, I just want to make sure I take the right bike…… same old problem of Cross bike or MTB ??!!

sheldona
    Free Member

Either bike will be fine in the Cotswolds.

GaryLake
    Free Member

deadhero – yeah I meant Antony, was using his initials lol.

Right, I’m going with Orange 5 and 2.1 High Rollers (I had this dumb idea of SSing it at one point 🙄 ) – if it’s Muddy as sin, at least they’ll stay clear and I only have to worry about keeping it upright. I’m assuming the amount of road and fireroad will make ‘rakers useless anyway even if it is muddy.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I see 8)

If you see me sitting in hedge cursing 35c cx tyres, steel forks and nursing broken wrists, say hi.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve done it in awful conditions (98 for any long term HONCers) when you had to pedal just to keep going downhill and I did that on summer type tyres which make the road stuff fast. It just isn’t technical enough to get any benefit from mud tyres.

I’ll be on a CX bike – did it on a CX bike for the first time last year and enjoyed it approx 179% more than previous ones – the road/bridleway/non-technical stuff feels really quick and the more technical stuff ( which feels really easy on an mtb ) is much more fun 🙂

Dasha
    Free Member

Whats the course record?

clubber
    Free Member

About 3:30 IIRC but that really is quite fast…

in 98 the winning time was 6:15…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Be doin it on a bastardized singular with cx tyres and 1×9…..hopefully 😀

martyntr
    Free Member

Any ideas how much climbing there is ? I’m not shy of climbing

Does anyone know ?? The only reason I ask Is do I have a 12-32 or a 12-27… this is really a big decission for me on a 100km gnarly sportif……. 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Run with the 32, when your ass is hanging out, you will be glad of the 32 !!!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Run with the 32, when your ass is hanging out, you will be glad of the 32 !!!

martyntr
    Free Member

Good point…. was hoping for 5-6 hours or there abouts as a target… what do experienced HONCers think of this timewise ??

sockpuppet
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lots of tarmac. Run fast tyres and accept the slippyness.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Honk if you are HONCing’ is closed to new replies.