Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Honk if you are HONCing
  • clubber
    Free Member

It's not hard really. Certainly not the 50k. I managed the 100 last year at the least fit I've ever been (baby related lack of riding time). I was pretty knackered at the end and admittedly the conditions were a lot easier than most years. If you're really struggling on the 100, you can easily change to the 50k route at halfway making it 75k ish.

Philby

I'm in at number 750 – will be my third time and might go for the 100km route this year.

CheesybeanZ

2 more here , put some chicken on the BBQ for us Don 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sheldona
    Free Member

put some chicken on the BBQ for us

It'll be bring your own again mate! I'm not stupid enough to have an open house party the night before a 100km ride without a bring your own policy!
    Camping spot available to anyone I know!

grahamh
    Free Member

i heard talk last year that they try to do a more CXish route one year, then alternate with a more MTBish one the next. And that last year was the former (lots of black stuff) so maybe more singletrack this time?

Noop, depends on what I plan, (as much off road as I can fit in) 😀

Don't follow me if you get lost I tend to ride my own version cutting out some road and slapping in some real cheeky bits :p

tut tut, slap wrist..

MartynS

honk….

northen mincer contingent reporting for duty

Alex

Oh bgger, I cracked. Number 860 and I expect that'll be my finishing position, at best.

ourmaninthenorth

Hmm…. The week after Tour of Flanders – should be warmed up.

Oh god, I want to HONC, but will I be able to ride a bike a week after 250km over the Belgian bergs and cobbles?

Dibbs
    Free Member

It really is filling up fast:- Allocated Entry Number 947
    As for the routes, the ones I've done in the past have been very CX suitable , but this will be the first year I'll have the CX bike 🙂

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

honk…. too

MikeWW
    Free Member

Me too
    No 870 and looking forward to the 100k 😀

singlespeedstu

Ayatollahofniche – Premier Member

put some chicken on the BBQ for us

It'll be bring your own again mate! I'm not stupid enough to have an open house party the night before a 100km ride without a bring your own policy!
    Camping spot available to anyone I know!

Can I put in a request for the guest room in the west wing of 'tollah castle please. 😉

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I'm in, got in early, number 3. First 100k event this year as part of my kielder 100 training, can't wait.

vinnyeh

This year my ride number 47 matches my age. I sense good fortune coming my way… 😆

1030 places out of 1200 gone already- this'll be full today I guess.

timothecimmerian

Honk – 4th year in a row for me. May go the 100k this year…dependent on conditions.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

In at 1044

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

No. 817 here. I'll be riding my Salsa Chili con Crosso cx bike wearing Las Vegas Institute of Sport kit. Hopefully the 100k but as I'm the least fit I've been in about 10 years the 50k is an option if I havn't got my arse into gear fitness-wise. Done it twice before (not the hard-baked year) and agree a cx bike is ideal for 95% of the course.

JAG

I'm in – 2nd time in the last three years.

See you there 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No. 817 here. I'll be riding my Salsa Chili con Crosso cx bike wearing Las Vegas Institute of Sport kit. Hopefully the 100k but as I'm the least fit I've been in about 10 years the 50k is an option if I havn't got my arse into gear fitness-wise. Done it twice before (not the hard-baked year) and agree a cx bike is ideal for 95% of the course.

You will ride the 100K 👿

sheldona
    Free Member

'Splosion, No you can have the East as another attentionwhore has the west!

peteimpreza

87 left now!

cmyk
    Free Member

Honk, honk.

No. 546.

IMO, the only route worth doing is 100k on a cross bike.
    It is just so much more fun!

singlespeedstu

Ayatollahofniche – Premier Member

'Splosion, No you can have the East as another attentionwhore has the west!

Right then we'll have an attention off to see who goes where. 😀

Karinofnine

I'm in.

Will probably ride my hardtail.

simon_g

I'm in as a first-timer. Could be the perfect justification for a 'cross bike!

aracer
    Free Member

How are you working out the number of entries?

Thanks for starting this thread – would have missed it otherwise (though I suppose without the thread it might not have filled quite so fast!) Fortunately I decided for once to pull my finger out and enter something rather than think about it for a few days.

peteimpreza

No worries.

Click on the link and look at the bottom of the page to see how ny have entered so far.

Entry page

thekingofsweden

Well we will be outside then ! 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

40 left! Wow! Can't believe it's sold so fast!

grahamh
    Free Member

All gone by midnight??

clubber
    Free Member

Looks like a good chance!

So graham, you organise this, don't you? Why has it suddenly become so popular? I've been doing it since 1998 (the year of absolutely horrendous conditions) and it was easy enough to get in then even EoL and much the same right up to 2004 or so. What changed? Popularity of mtb enduro events? CX bikes?

clubber
    Free Member

17 left!

aracer
    Free Member

16 in as many minutes.

5milallenkey
    Free Member

1190, just made it! Ta to Mr 5mil for noticing this thread earlier. He's after a day looking at the old school trains I reckon 🙂

peteimpreza

4 places left!

clubber
    Free Member

I might buy them up just to tout them 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Sold out!

.duncan
    Free Member

I didn't enjoy the route last year.. I understand they have a lot of riders to get round but there was a bit too much road / edges of fields. The last descent was my favourite but i was stuck behind someone literally doing about 4mph who wouldnt move over :/.

However i did enjoy the west drayton off road sportive for something of the same length and will probs do that again this year.

grahamh
    Free Member

Clubber,
    No idea why the event has become so popular, and other enduro type
    events.

clubber
    Free Member

.Duncan – were you expecting it to be like other mtb enduros? The whole point is that it isn't and that it does take in lots of road and edge of fields!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Honk if you are HONCing’ is closed to new replies.