Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hong Fu FM066 SL
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Has anyone bought one of these? I quite fancy a custom painted one

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I bought one in matt UD finish, with the plan being to put some subtle decals on it, but haven’t got round to the decals yet. I know you were thinking of a painted one, but just note that if you did go matt UD, it can look a bit worrying at first, as you can see some of the joins and folds in the carbon fabric, plus what a google search tells me is remnants of release agent. However, its no worse than the Trek Fuel Ex I had in a matt finish or the raw On One 456C I had.

I weighed the frame on my kitchen scales at just under 1kg. Built up its ~16lb with a Microshift Arsis 10 speed groupset and Planet X AL30 wheela.

When I compared it to other brand geometries, it looked very similar to Cannondale CAAD / Super Six.

It hasn’t had a lot of use so far, and I haven’t ridden it back to back with anything else so I couldn’t really say how it compares but I’m happy with it so far. There’s a few other guys on here who have them I think, who might be able to better say how they compare.

atlaz
    Free Member

Thanks…. I don’t want a lot as a paint job, just some white/red accents to keep in with the rest of the road bike “fleet”.

This is, also, quite obviously a bump 😉

hora
    Free Member

Support your local UK internet bikeshop

atlaz
    Free Member

I would, but I don’t live in the UK, so it’s not really local.

hora
    Free Member

…It was tongue-in-cheek

flange
    Free Member

Ignore hora, he doesn’t know what he’s on about

I’ve built one up for a mate and its a smashing frame. For the money it’s awesome. I like the matt look with no graphics but its all down to personal preference

atlaz
    Free Member

flange – How does it ride? I’ve got it pencilled in to replace a quite stiff alu frame with carbon stays. Ideally I’d prefer something that feels a bit less like being kicked up the arse when I’m riding over cobbles but as long as it’s not stiffer I’m okay

flange
    Free Member

Well, I took it for a ‘test ride’ of about 20 miles and it felt pretty nice. It’s a little small for me so not a fair test on comfort but from what I could tell it was stiff where it needed to be but not so much that it made it uncomfortable.

Another one worth looking at is the Hong Fu with the integrated seat post. There’s pro’s and cons to ISP’s but I did find that it had a bit more flex than a conventional seat post which might suit you?

Can’t remember which one has the press fit bb, but I know that which ever one it was came with a sleeve so you could run a standard external bb.

I do know that built up with bottom end Campag kit and a cheap set of fulcrums the FM066 came in at a smidge under 17lbs (in a 54). I think the total build came in at around £500 (with a few bits out the parts bin).

This is a complete build off weightweenies (I didn’t get any pics of the ’66 I built up)

Have a look at the thread too, lots of people building them up with feedback on the ride and such

Here

mtbtomo
    Free Member

You can specify either threaded (BSA) or BB30 when you order the frame, and it also comes with seatpost and headset plus a few extra cable stops for the internal holes.

Those don’t look like a cheap set of Fulcrums in that picture???

ollie51
    Free Member

When I compared it to other brand geometries, it looked very similar to Cannondale CAAD / Super Six.

They’re copies of a supersix, the geometry is identical.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Sorry to drag this post up, But how do you order from hongfu or dengfu I only seem to be able to find the inquiry button 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hong Fu FM066 SL’ is closed to new replies.