Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Honeymoon trouble… legal advice please.
  • larry

Hi there, I have been told today that our hotel we are staying at for our honeymoon is shut for our stay due to refurbishments. They want to move us to a different one which we do not like as much, worse location, not as special etc. where do we stand on the refund/ upgrades etc. We have booked with virgin if that helps. Going to call them tomorrow and want to be armed with the facts, so facts only please 🙂 they will never believe I can legally upgrade to a private jet which is on a conveyor belt etc! cheers

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I'm not a legal expert but my experience of honeymoon troubles would have been sold with the following advice:-

don't get married…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Something like this happened to me just before a ski holiday a few years back. I was just nice as pie to the person on the phone, saying I knew that it wasn't her fault personally, but that I felt let down….anything she could do…do you want to tell my wife?…it's our honeymoon…etc etc

Just be nice about it, the person on the other end will be more willing to help.

If that doesn't work, then escalate to as senior as possible until you get what you want.

We ended up in a 5* hotel, free ski hire for mrs deadly and £80 each refund on the holiday price.

Hope you don't get shafted.

iain1775
    Free Member

went with virgin for our honeymoon (South Africa and Zambia, multiple locations)
    found nothing was too much trouble and they were very flexiable when we wanted to alter parts of their standard ittinery
    Just start off patient and polite on the phone and you might get what you want without having to resort to threats of legal action etc

Failing that you could just threaten to write to Mr B and request they give you a fortnight on his private island

geoffj

It would be worth readings their Ts & Cs before speaking to them – be clear what you paid for. Was it really a specific hotel, or hotel of a specific standard etc etc. Good luck

iain1775
    Free Member

have you checked out other hotels on tripadvisor as well?
    Might be worth going in armed with some other options you would accept

DickBarton

Surely after the first night she won't be a virgin any longer???

boxelder

Honeymoon with virgin??

An underused phrase these days I'm sure

iain1775
    Free Member

Honeymoon with virgin??

An underused phrase these days I'm sure

haha yeah I didnt notice that one 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Honeymoon trouble… legal advice please.’ is closed to new replies.