Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Honeymoon destination ideas?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

Looking to book our honeymoon for May/June, I’ve looked at Santorini, Amalfi, Dubrovnik. Is there anywhere that is both reasonably priced, not necessarily a beach holiday , with nice little restaurants and places to visit during the day?

Cheers,

Phil

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m looking forward the the day we can go back to Santorini (we also spent 4/5 days in Naxos and Paros as well which were equally as nice, maybe more so because of fewer tourists).

chakaping
    Free Member

We had ours in andalucia, southern Spain.

Beautiful cities like Granada and Seville, big mountains and even some beaches.

Cheap too.

endurogangster
    Free Member

You could go Bangor for a week

jekkyl

Limone or torbole, Lake garda, Italy. We had a 2 stop honeymoon. 1 week in Limone soaking up the sun, swimming in pool & lake, visiting the little towns at the north of the lake. Then a week staying at the south of the lake, desanzano, catching the train every day to Verona, Milan & Venice. Visiting Venice on your honeymoon = awesome.

tonyg2003

Quite a few years ago… we went to Lisbon. Very nice. Andalucía is also a good call at that time of year.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mallorca? Will be lovely that time of year. Really good choice of smart, different hotels, nice food, beaches, mountains, and err, cycling 😉

Have a look at these guys – independent Mallorca experts (and a romantic places to stay blog post too): http://www.theothermallorca.com/blog/2014/01/romantic-places-stay-mallorca

tron
    Free Member

Croatia is ace. If you go to Pula / Porec, you can get a day trip to Venice.

johndoh
    Free Member

You can’t beat Greece for places to sit by the sea to eat. Not much more to add other than Kleftiko and Gigantes. Mmmmmm

spyke85
    Free Member

+1 for Santorini. Had our honeymoon there in September. Stayed at Regina Mare in Imerovigili. Can’t wait to go back!

simonbea
    Free Member

Santorini is nice, but don’t believe the hype around the most romantic sunset in the world. Unless your idea of romance is being surrounded buy hundreds of wooping Americans.

Nonsense
    Free Member

+1 for Croatia and a boat trip to Venice which is exactly what we did.

philbert31
    Free Member

Simon, I’ve heard its full of yanks and that’s put me off a little, such a beautiful place…….HOORAH 🙂

jonahtonto
    Free Member

pulia in the far south of italy.
    amazing food, cheap enough to live like kings, beautiful scenery, architecture and people, warms seas, walks in the piazza every eve. bit different
    there is a town called Matera that has been continuously inhabited for a few thousand years and is very romantic
    just dont tell anyone or everyone will want to go 😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

double post

JulianA
    Free Member

Madeira? Fab 15 and 10 years ago (anniversary not another honeymoon…).YMMV… Hope it’s still as good as it was!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tarifa. Sit in a bar and look at Africa across the straits. Horse riding MTB windsurfing kitesurfing nightlife and Africa just a quick ferry away.

wallop

We went to Santorini, it was amazing. Stayed in a cave in Oia, overlooking the caldera. Saw about four English people in the whole fortnight!

mogrim

Madeira? Fab 15 and 10 years ago (anniversary not another honeymoon…).YMMV… Hope it’s still as good as it was!

I was just going to suggest this, too. Lovely place, lots of walking, some nice villages to visit, and pretty good food.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Honeymoon destination ideas?’ is closed to new replies.