Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Honda Self Balancing eBikes and motorbike
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Interesting, came up on my Insta feed and I really think this is a fantastic idea. They’re about to produce both an eBike (motorbike eBike) and a normal motorbike.. Honda have always pushed the boundaries of technology and this is a leap forward IMO. If I wanted a motorbike, I might be interested in one..
    ebike

Motorbike

Little vid..
    [video]https://youtu.be/mWsBRgq7pk8[/video]

Onzadog
    Free Member

I want a pet motorcycle.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’d be nice to sit at traffic lights on one of those

rOcKeTdOg

Honda have always pushed the boundaries of technology

Let’s hope the F1 PU team has nothing to do with this project

matt_outandabout

That. That is ace.
    This is the kind of technology, along with a small roof like those BMW scooters from a few years back, that might get a few more onto electric bikes/scooters/cycles in our cities.

zanelad
    Free Member

Is it that hard to put your foot down when you stop?

bikebouy
    Free Member

There’s probably more to the concept than sitting feet up at the lights, I could be wrong but I don’t think I am.

fasthaggis

Very clever,just needs an auto crash avoidance and speed limiter for midlife crisis crowd,good to go. 😆

maccruiskeen

for midlife crisis crowd,

For that application they also need to develop an intelligent wardrobe that automatically detects and incinerates bandanas. Along with smart beard trimmers with soul-patch-avoidance technology.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

. Honda have always pushed the boundaries of technology

Mugen provide most of their elec tech,they were founded by Sochiro Honda’s son. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugen_Motorsports
    Mugen have a really good record in the ‘Zero’ race at the Isle of Man TT,the bikes are always ridden by Honda riders.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

along with a small roof like those BMW scooters

More than one manufacturer has tried that. They never last long or sell many for a few reasons –
    -Simply not necessary. Decent waterproofs are cheaper, work better and are still needed as the sides are open
    -Makes the bike top heavy and heavy in general. Those BMW’s were sloooow and needed a full license as they’re 150cc
    -Expensive. You could buy a 500cc bike for similar money.

v8ninety

I’m gonna add ‘butt ugly’ to the above list regarding scooters with roofs. 😯

That self balancing bike is very clever and I can’t help but quite like it; but I’m not quite sure what problem it actually solves? All bikes become self balancing above a couple of miles an hour, and below that we have feet?

fasthaggis

but I’m not quite sure what problem it actually solves?

It’s for old people that don’t want to go full trike.

Did you pack the flask Betty 😉

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

You never go full trike. That thing’s like decking but with wheels.

I still haven’t forgiven Honda for that DH bike gearbox business, I felt cheated.

P-Jay
    Free Member

That’s pretty cool. It’s an electric motorbike though, not an e-bike.

v8ninety

E bike, come!

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not quite sure what problem it actually solves?

It falling over?

giantalkali
    Free Member

Will that work when I hoist a wheelie?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Honda Self Balancing eBikes and motorbike’ is closed to new replies.