Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • honda crv
  • mav12
    Free Member

thinking of buying one of these will probably be around 07 08 year any first hand experiences,what mpg do you get on a run thinking of the petrol version as i only do about 5k a year, or anything alse i should be lookin at wa thinking of a freelander but have heard bad reviews reliabilty wise

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Had one. Mid 30’s MPG, 70’ish MPH is it’s comfort speed. very comfortable and excellent for long journeys – Perth-Wales stopping once for petrol, not stiff or uncomfortable on arrival. Lots of room in rear seats, cavernous with rear seats down. sailed through all MoTs, mechanic commented on excellent state of underbody. extent of work carried out was replacing a few bulbs and oil and filter changes.
    free picnic table is a nice touch. shame no chairs to go with it.
    Do a fair number of long journeys and decided to swap for a diesel estate, otherwise would have kept it.

freddyg
    Free Member

Had a ’98 mk1 petrol for 11 years. Was an excellent vehicle. Cavernous and comfortable. I was very sad when we sold it but it had to go as it was just too thirsty for the miles I was doing (20k / year @ 28 to 30mpg).

They seem to have improved even further with the later models too. When I get rid of my company car, I would seriously consider another (diesel).

rone

Had one for a while. Auto. Generally nice but a bit overrated in my opinion. The AWD I don’t think worked properly , and it warped brand new discs which took a big argument about wear and tear and a poor dealer attitude to put it right.

Leather was good and auto was okay but extremely thirsty. Slept in it a few times as you could flatten all the seats. Lots of nice flexible bits and bobs – can cooler, table, rear window open without boot.

However it wasn’t the Honda as described by Which readers that I experienced.

medders
    Free Member

Got a current model 2.2 diesel. Even taking into account the fact that I don’t like SUVs it is a very very good vehicle. Spacious, economical, high standard spec and very good build quality. But I am a fan of Hondas generally and have had numerous models and motorbikes.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I have a 61 Reg. 2.2 diesel. Lovely comfortable motor that drives vey well. good visibility and huge (for an SUV) boot. Economy is mid 40’s on a run & around 35-40 in town driving. I tow a caravan with mine & it is a superb towcar. The only criticism I have is that the interior plastics are very easily marked. I really wanted a Freelander but the running costs & reliability reports put me off. The CRV has been very reliable.

wicki
    Free Member

still got a 1999 model it just wont die ….says it all really.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I have a 2007 for lugging stuff about dogs/bikes/boxing stuff, it’s been faultless. I only use it really at weekends as a second car. Get 30mpg from it. Highly recommended but it’s a bland drive but then it’s not really a drivers car as wasn’t purchased as such.

mav12
    Free Member

thanks for the input guys if i can get 34 -35 on a run id be happy with that

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I recon you could get that mpg. Given how reliable they are they are a bargain in other areas they don’t seem to want off much.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Had an 02 plate petrol auto which rounds town gave 23mpg……….the 2.0 litre petrol engine makes it thirsty and pedestrian at best….. But as an SUV with occasional (auto engaging 4×4) it was very very comfirtable, for driver and passengers and fully loaded.
    Sold it after a year of ownership having cost me nothing to run except service and fuel………but engine blew 18 months after I sold it! I was quite surprised.
    On a run at best 34-35mpg……my mate used to tow his caravan with it before I bought it off him and it was down in the 15mpg bracket!!!!!

stumpyjon

Had a 56 plate from new, poor mpg, 27ish other than that it was excellent. Very reliable, comfortable and fine in snow and mud (got used off road a bit on forest tracks). Only got rid because I got a company car and couldn’t justify a third car on the drive. Was very sad to see it go.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

I have a 2007 2.2 EX Diesel, great car loads of toys, loads of room, good all rounder in my view

trailhound101

I bought an 05 plate petrol with 50k on it a six months ago and been pleased with it. Just passed its MOT needing ony a new drop link (£30). Roomy, comfortable and dull in only a way that practical can be. 30-35 on long runs no problem. Loads of extras, AC, crusie control, etc – all typical honda quality. As with other posts, the freelander suffers with reliability issues.

redstripe
    Free Member

I had a 52 reg a while back as a temp runabout, cost £1200 flogged it for a bit more a few months later, nothing went wrong with it at all, loads of room and nice to drive but fuel consumption was pretty bad (2.0 petrol) and the clutch was heavy, maybe that was just the one I had. I did like it overall though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘honda crv’ is closed to new replies.