HONC routing and garmin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HONC routing and garmin
  • Premier Icon sockpuppet
    Subscriber

Ok, so I got my place for HONC. Got my email with the routes as gpx. Went to upload to my garmin, via connect.

What hassle garmin have succeeded in making out of a simple thing.

So I now know that gpx and track gpx seem to be different. Somehow. Have succeeded in converting.

Have now uploaded, converted to crs, and synced my edge and I have two routes. Hurrah. Except they’re both 50 km long, and the same route.

I have lost the will to find out what I did wrong: downloading the gpx again gives me the same issue.

TL-DR: can anyone email the long route gpx (preferably a track gpx so connect doesn’t complain) to my email in profile?

Help appreciated!

Pawsy_Bear

you can just drag and drop it from the email/download to computer to the garmin in explorer. No need to use connect. Or use garmin basemap.

Premier Icon sockpuppet
    Subscriber

So, when I plug my garmin into my mac, it charges but doesn’t show in the finder Sidebar. I’ve not had the unit long, not plugged it in before.

To avoid going down another rabbit hole of ‘why doesn’t it do this’, given that I can upload a track gpx to connect then wirelessly synch the edge, but seem to have an issue with the gpx I have, I’d like the right (track) gpx!

Please, if you have it.

I’ll address the other issues another day!

Premier Icon nickdavies
    Subscriber

Works fine for me – 100k route is perfect? I upload to bikehike, save it as a tcx and bang it into newfiles folder on the garmin.

Appreciate you can’t do this, but if I were you I’d upload the file from the email to bikehike, check it’s correct then save to to tcx with a new file name, different to last years (just in case you’ve got something like honc100 on there) Then upload to garmin and try again.

Pawsy_Bear

you got garmin express installed – its the connect between garmin and pc or mac

Premier Icon krixmeister
    Subscriber

Also – you may have the wrong USB cable – you need a charge/sync cable. Check that by trying a different micro USB cable. I direct-connect my Garmin 810 to my Mac all the time, and do the drag-and-drop method as Garmin Express/Connect/whatever is totally useless on the Mac. the only purpose it serves for me – barely – is uploading to Strava.

Premier Icon sockpuppet
    Subscriber

Aye, that’s the only reason I use connect too.

Great hardware, woeful software. Been that way since Training Centre… I’ll try a different cable next

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HONC routing and garmin’ is closed to new replies.