Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • HONC Entries are Open
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Out of interest, if I can’t make this, can someone else use my number?

Please, two of us are going down for it, the third guy didn’t get home in time to enter. Full payment back and all that.

kedmun
    Free Member

I’ll keep in mind, might be away skiing if I can get a good deal.

RobHilton
    Free Member

How would this be singlespeed? Idiocy, or are the climbs not *too* steep?

DrP

^^
    Whatevs’… That’s how I’m rollin’..

DrP

RobHilton
    Free Member

Got a suggested ratio? I normally use 41:16 on a 26″, but then I live in Leicester so it’s not too much of a struggle 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Managed to get my entry in about 9:30 this morning… 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

unicycle even

I was pondering the idea, but I reckon 50km might be a bit far (and 12.5km/h a bit too fast even given plenty of easy tracks and road).

flashes
    Free Member

I do it on SS and yes you can sell on entries. I had to last year…….

singlespeedstu

Rob Hilton – Member
    How would this be singlespeed?

That reminds me of the time a group of us rode it on singlespeeds and we all got boxed in on the first climb by a bunch of grannyringing nodders.
    One of the nodders asked Mrs stu “isn’t it hard riding up this hill on a singlespeed?”
    Her answer “At this **** slow speed yes it is”
    I nearly fell in the gutter laughing.

RobHilton
    Free Member

@SSS – yeah I can see that being an issue 😕

On the Dyfi & CyB enduros (geared) I’ve got fairly racked off with people who can’t even attempt vaguely technical climbs and push on the good line forcing those who didn’t come out for a walk to take the most retarded route up. Having to ask people to move out of the way whilst I’m on the verge of a rectal prolapse doesn’t make it any more fun 🙂

sig123
    Free Member

Hi need one more entry for a friend so can you bare us in mind if there’s any going, thanks

mrmo
    Free Member

I was pondering the idea, but I reckon 50km might be a bit far (and 12.5km/h a bit too fast even given plenty of easy tracks and road).

i am sure it has been done on a unicycle? might be wrong,

How would this be singlespeed? Idiocy, or are the climbs not *too* steep?

Done most of the off road climbs on a road bike 39×23 and 23mm tyres. Does that help?

psling
    Free Member

If you don’t want to get caught up BEHIND (yes, somehow these incompetents have got in front of you!) then don’t enter mass start events. Or get into training so that you’re quickest to the first big climb 🙄

But agree, if you have to walk up the subsequent hills then keep a riding line free for those who can actually ride them.

Hi Stu, you doing it this year?

RobHilton
    Free Member

don’t enter mass start events.

You’re totally right there – I hate riding in groups 🙂 Do like to do the odd event though to prevent me being a complete riding leper. It would be nice if people gave way a bit more (as I do) cos I’m never gonna be a contender.

singlespeedstu

Hi Stu, you doing it this year?

Hi Pete.

We’ve not entered.
    Having said that there’s normal a load of entrys going spare a few days before the event so we might try and grab one last minute.
    Fancy jumping on the back of the tandem with me? 🙂

Rob Hilton – Member

@SSS
    – yeah I can see that being an issue

It wasn’t an issue for us. Mrs stu was just taking the piss a little. 😉

psling
    Free Member

Seeing the speed you went past me coming off the back of Cleeve Hill on it a few years ago, Amanda is more than welcome to occupy the stoker seat thanks 😯 8)

singlespeedstu

You’d be fine mate.
    Got some better brakes on it now so we can almost stop instead of just being able to slow down a bit. 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘HONC Entries are Open’ is closed to new replies.