Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Homemade portable jet wash
  • colp

Thought I’d upload a pics of the washer I’ve just made, it’s turned out pretty decent.

The water container was about £8 from Aldi, a couple of 10mm hose fittings and a pump kit off EBay, and I’ve used a cheap garden hose gun instead of the one that came with the pump kit.

It’s roughly on par with a mains hose pipe, shoots water about 20’

I’ve mounted the pump to a piece of Perspex bent into a rough curve with heat then siliconed to the water container.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Is that one of those ~£20 pump kits of Ebay? Friend has got one recently & they don’t look too bad. A 25l water container & hook it up to my 12v point in the boot, seems better than the Mobi washer another has.

colp

It is, and I think the container is 24L, any bigger and it would be heavy to carry around.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I got one of the same hooked up in the back of my van – motor attached to the sidewall, running a tube into a 20l petrol can. – they’re great! not as powerful as a proper (bearing killer) pressure washer – so its fairly safe to use 🙂

kayak23

Awesome.

I have one of the eBay ones and I’ve been well impressed with it.

Matt_SS_xc

You can also attach a shower head and have a lovely outdoor shower on your van. Nothing a like more than a naked wash with a view!

somafunk

I built mine with a black 25litre plastic container, perfect for showers at the beach as it heats up nicely if left in the sun for a few hours

houndlegs
    Free Member

Would some be kind enough to post up links of the bits please. I could do with one of these to wash my caravan, since the storage has cut off the water supply.

Edit. Never mind, a quick look on ebay shows whole kits with all the bits needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Homemade portable jet wash’ is closed to new replies.