• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Homemade bounce protein balls -suggest improvements
  • ElVino

I quite like the bounce protein balls but even buying in bulk they work out pretty expensive. I found this recipe online. They taste pretty good but the end result is pretty crumbly unlike the Bounce ones which are exceptionally chewy. Any advice on what I could addd to improve the consistency of these. Want to avoid loading them with sugar / syrup derivatives.

Make your own bounce protien balls

orangespyderman

Now I’m not a nutrionist, but calling something that’s made out of about 70% Peanut butter a “protein ball” is just to make you feel better about eating spoonfuls of peanut butter, isn’t it? 😐

Pyro

Blitz some dates or raisins and add in – binds and adds a bit of moisture.

JAG

Peanut butter is actually pretty good.

Lot’s of peanuts, unsaturated fats and not much else….

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

to make you feel better about eating spoonfuls of peanut butter, isn’t it?

I feel great about eating spoonfuls of peanut butter, do so several times a day. Really energy dense, brilliant stuff.

Legoman
    Free Member

These are pretty good – I used peanut butter instead of almond butter (cos I’m a cheapskate) and rolled ’em in desiccated coconut so they’re not too sticky to pick up.

linky

ElVino

like the look of the Caco balls as an energy bar substitute for training days. Dates, raisins etc.

This is the ingredient list from the branded version
    Peanuts (34%), Brown Rice Malts Syrup, Whey Protein Isolate (from Milk) (16%), Concentrated Grape Juice, Gluten Free Grain Dextrins (from Brown Rice), Whey Protein Concentrate (from Milk) (5%), Tapioca Starch, Water, Whey Protein Hydrolysate (from Milk) (1.5%), Vanilla Extract, Sea Salt, Antioxidant (Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Sesame Seeds, Stabiliser (Calcium Carbonate), Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin).

Any idea which one is adding the chewiness?

Pyro

A mix of the Tapioca starch, malt syrup, grape juice and emulsifier, probably.

canopy
    Free Member

they do this stuff in my local sainsbury.

i leave my sunday ride protein intake down to the sunday lunch roast type meal

bungle

Wear a kilt?

TheBrick
    Free Member

As a side note go for peanut butter without palmoil if possible

Bagstard
    Free Member

Roll them in melted 85 percent cocoa chocolate!

ElVino

Roll them in melted 85 percent cocoa chocolate!

like this but it might defeat the object of low cost alternative.

benp1

Meridian nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew). Available in 1kg tubs from Holland and Barret. It’s just nuts, nothing else

Everything else pales in comparison

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Homemade bounce protein balls -suggest improvements’ is closed to new replies.