• This topic has 48 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Homelands – new series
  • dawson

Anybody else watch? I watched the first few series, but didn’t bother with the last one.

Thought I’d give it another go…

loddrik
    Free Member

Watched the first season 5 episode last week on Kodi. Shows promise. Enjoyed all seasons though the last 2 had lost their ficus a little compared to the first 2. Fingers crossed for the rest of season 5.

Houns

If Cary gets killed it’ll be even more watchable

jimmy

Still watching it in the hope that Quinn is given license to go batshit psycho.

footflaps

ooh Season 5 has started…..

hugo
    Free Member

First season – Excellent
    Second season – story tailing off but still good
    Third – nonsense – the whole story arc has just lost it
    Fourth – totally rebooted and 90% of the baggage dumped. Good again.
    Fifth – So far so good.

If you don’t like Carrie’s character it’s not for you as she is the star of the show. Personally I think Danes is superb in it.

Just watched CITIZENFOUR and really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a view pre/during Season 5 of Homeland to give things a bit of real world context.

johndoh
    Free Member

Still watching it in the hope that Quinn is given license to go batshit psycho.

This. Very much this.

I rate him as an actor – wold like to see him doing more movie stuff.

binners

Gave up half way through series 3 as it seemed like it had been written by a hyperactive child, who’d been given a constant diet of skittles and full fat coke for a week. Complete and utter twaddle!

Decided to give it a go last night, and it was pretty good. So we’ll stick with it and see how it pans out.

Does anyone know the exact percentage of the show that is spent with a close up of Carrie’s angst-ridden furrowed brow? I’m guessing about 82%

hugo
    Free Member

That exact % is classified

seosamh77
    Free Member

The shows been very hit and miss. improved alot on S4, S5 is beginning well.

Tbh if they just made the entire show be based around quinn and saul it would be cracking.

hugo
    Free Member

Great shout.

A Quinn/Saul spin off in the style of a Mitch Rapp type character could be very interesting, if a little dark.

It might need a bit more colour than him just coldly shooting people in the forehead though!

DrJ

Third – nonsense – the whole story arc has just lost it

Well, except the bit where Brody was hanged – that was stunning.

If you don’t like Carrie’s character it’s not for you as she is the star of the show. Personally I think Danes is superb in it.

This.

scaled
    Free Member

oh FFs, i’d only just made it to the end of season 3 and got my spare time back!

footflaps

I’ve like the whole thing so far, Danes is excellent. Last season’s finale was brilliant TV, had me glued to the edge of my sofa!

nemesis
    Free Member

Season 5 has just started? How on earth is this the first I’ve heard of it? Channel 4 still?

footflaps

oh FFs, i’d only just made it to the end of season 3 and got my spare time back!

We have a huge backlog of TV series we’re trying to work through – it seems there is more quality TV than we have hours to watch….

M6TTF
    Free Member

I couldn’t remember the finale – wasn’t quinn out on a black ops? last night left me somewhat confused

dawson
    footflaps

Enjoyed episode 1, will watch E02 tomorrow.

Looking to be a good autumn series wise, Homeland S05, The Blacklist S03 and Bron|Broen S03 starts in November IIRC.

footflaps
    Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Still watching it in the hope that Quinn is given license to go batshit psycho

It would seems that he has been.

mrchrispy

Still watching it in the hope that Quinn is given license to go batshit psycho

He’s already a bag of frogs.
    if sol accidentally left a picture of Quinn is the locker I’d pretty sure he’d top himself there and then!

hels
    Free Member

batshit psycho with his shirt off, you mean.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Reset….

allthepies
    Free Member

Also… Fargo Season 2 kicks off on CH4 this Sunday.

footflaps

He’s already a bag of frogs.
    if sol accidentally left a picture of Quinn is the locker I’d pretty sure he’d top himself there and then!

E03 is going to be interesting given who his next target is….

Houns

The quality of the video I was watching wasn’t too great. I hope it was the name I want it to be

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well that was disappointing, she shot Quinn in the back with a hunting rifle and instead of being paralyzed and coughing up blood, he got up from it because he was wearing a vest designed to stop….. pistol bullets. Classic bloody bullet proof vest trope…snore.

I can’t watch it now….it’s ruined……suspension of disbelief gone. 😡 😆

dawson

Spoiler alert!

kudos100
    Free Member

FFS……..

muggomagic

Nice one Tom. 😀 Glad I’m a week ahead of Channel 4 too.

footflaps

On the plus side, there was some great character acting…

DrJ

Well that was disappointing

Not as disappointing as when some selfish dimwit gives the friggin’ plot away.

kudos100
    Free Member

Nice one Tom. Glad I’m a week ahead of Channel 4 too.

I guessing you meant to say “Posting what happens in the show before the majority have watched it, is being a dick”

footflaps

To be fair though, they’re not going to kill off either main characters in Episode 3….

DrJ

To be fair though, they’re not going to kill off either main characters in Episode 3….

Maybe, but we didn’t need exact details of how that happened. Or didn’t happen. So to be fair it was still supreme fuckwittery.

muggomagic

I guessing you meant to say “Posting what happens in the show before the majority have watched it, is being a dick”

You say tomato, I say tomato……

hugo
    Free Member

If you haven’t watched the latest episode yet then don’t look at the thread. Surely!

allthepies
    Free Member

The “spoiler” above was about an episode which hasn’t been broadcast yet (on Channel 4).

breadcrumb

Yeah that was a **** trick.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Homelands – new series’ is closed to new replies.