Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Home – The mountan bike movie.
  • rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Verdict on this film? I want to buy this. I love The Collective films (the visuals are stunning) but not being a hairy arsed downhiller or freerider, I can't relate. The trailers for Home look great.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I think that HOME is one of the best biking films I've seen. I saw it first in the Cinema as a 'warm up' for ROAM and the reception it got was way better than ROAM.

They're about to put out a follow up too called FIND which I think is going to be released before Christmas. It's all about finding new places to ride. Some sections are filmed out here and I think that Sanny, Mark (from here) and me might be in it!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Thanks for that Doug. I like the look of Home. Its just looks and feels so stripped down and natural.

robgarrioch

It's a great film / documentary, & you're right it has a domestic feel that makes it easy to relate to. + the last 5 mins will always get your pulse racing, so long as you're a Scot!

Jamie
    Free Member

I have been meaning to track Home down for a while now but always forget. Should order it now while i remember really. Early Xmas present :mrgreen:

fingerbike
    Free Member

Home Trailer on YouTube

Never even heard of it until now, was it promoted much?
    Looks good, I shall have to seek out and view…

RealMan
    Free Member

We were staying in the same place as the guys who were filming the sequel (unfortunately, they're not calling it "away"..). Pretty good film.

iainc

I dug out my copy last night and watched for about the 10th time – great film. As Doug said, when it was first aired at the Roam Premier in Glasgow it went down very very well.

Lummox

i like home a lot, don't think it's as jaw dropping as any of the collectives films but it has a more cozy fuzzy feeling similar to that you get when out riding with your mates, and for that reason i think it edges out the insane freeriders (just)

Looking forward to the sequel

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it and I'm not that into mtb films. It's nicely shot and the guys come across really well. Some very impressive / inspiring riding in it too. It's way better than roam and well worth a watch imo.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Just been on resetfilms website and ordered, what i've seen looks good..

Kit
    Free Member

I was going to write a bit of a speil slagging it off, but that's probably a bit unfair. Its a decent film and you'll probably enjoy it! I'm hoping the next one is better though.

DickBarton

I like it…think it is more biking for what I do biking-wise than the likes of The Collective stuff – the Collective stuff is very good but doesn't make me want to go ride…Home does do that for me – much more my kind of biking than jumping and freeride stuff…film quality is very good and I reckon it works very well. I'm looking forward to the next one.

mudhound
    Free Member

like it bought a copy last month or so off the dirtschool.co.uk site

Andituk
    Free Member

Not seen Home, but the Dirt School DVD by the same guys is very well done, really enjoyable to watch.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

First class movie, it's got more relevance to what I do on my bike than any collective film, that said I do enjoy watching them too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Home – The mountan bike movie.’ is closed to new replies.