Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Home security experts – alarm that alerts using homebroadband/wifi
  • Riofer
    Free Member

I’ve tried googling a few search terms but have not turned anything up. Is there a home alarm system that can connect to home broadband router by wifi and then be send alerts or be controlled remotely by smartphone app/web?

Seems you can get smart home gadgets to do this with heating, lighting etc so assumed alarms would be the same.

Cheers for any advice

GrahamA
    Free Member

How about this one from EL

I think it connects to your router so its not really wifi but there is a smartphone app

sharkbait
    Free Member

This may not suit you as you’d need to do some stuff yourself, but this is a pretty cool project.

pingu66
    Free Member

I would hate to get an alert that said my house was eing burgled while I was working several hours away. I can understand the desire though at least the ability to monitor it and possibly cameras, which is the next thing I need to get.

Stoner
    Free Member

its a pity this doesnt have an alarm function, but it is networked by wifi.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/12280/Wireless-Remote-IP-Camera-with-Night-Vision/

rockhopperbike

We have the AlertMe system, does all that, but has been bought by British gas, so new customers have to go to them- same system, – it’s been okay for us for a few years. Have a key with a friend- so if it does go off- they can help if we are away

Riofer
    Free Member

Thanks – that Raspberry Pi project does look good and if I had the spare time I’d give it a go. In fact I may go for a basic system now and work on that as a furture upgrade 🙂

NZCol

My Bosch home alarm system is IP monitored and I can also remotely activate IR cameras from it as well. Its a stipulation of my job to be able to have this !

bruneep

Are you James Bond?

NZCol

Yes.
    Bollocks I’m not supposed to say that.

bruneep

Or was that a double bluff?

God, you secret agents are good!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Home security experts – alarm that alerts using homebroadband/wifi’ is closed to new replies.