Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Home Printer?
  • dessie72

Looking for a printer for home use,general printing, photos etc,suggestions much appreciated, thanks 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

What’s priority? Laser always best if it’s text quality. If it’s mostly photos and a little bit of text then just get a cheap inkjet (i’ve brought expensive multi purpose inkjets in the past and they all fail eventually… consider them disposable!) I got a Canon ip2770 that I use for photos and some occasional printing, which does the job just fine. Got a laser for non-colour stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cannon or HP multi function (print, scan, copy). £75-£100 for a nice machine with wifi. Something that will take XL cartridges.

By the time you’ve paid for photographic paper and ink usage I think it’s just as cheap to buy basic prints online, companies like snapfish give 50 6×4’s free

Edit this might be overkill but seems good value £79 with cash back down from £129 – wifi, iPad/iphon/android direct plus automatic double sided printing saves paper Canon pixma – pcworld

craigxxl
    Free Member

Do you need to print direct from an IPhone or IPad?

nickjb
    Free Member

Cheap laser for general household use, get your photos printed online.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nickjb – I use the scanning and copy facilities nearly as much as printing, hence for me multi function rules

nickjb
    Free Member

I use the scanning and copy facilities nearly as much as printing, hence for me multi function rules

Just glanced up at my scanner. I don’t think I have used it for 2 years. I just take digital photos these days. Much better quality. I often get sent scans as part of my job, several times I’ve had to ask for a digital photo instead so I can read the text. There is something about a scan that looks more professional, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Home Printer?’ is closed to new replies.