Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Home office chairs
  • stevied
    Free Member

Wife will be working from home a bit more now and we need a chair for the study to perch her derriere on.
    She’d like something nice (as a self-present for becoming a director).

Any recommendations with a budget around £200?

Ta

supercarp

The one’s I saw in IKEA the other week looked quite good didn’t see the price but probably got one in your price range.

dudeofdoom

I’d go for a used Aeron if any are around for sensible money 🙂

Nothing in life is worse than a shite chair if your working long time sat down.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A Steelcase Think from an office clearance place is my default answer, not as expensive as an Aeron but super comfy.

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mirra (s/h) which I prefer over the Aeron but we got one of the IKEA chairs for my partner and it’s a really nice chair which is cheaper too. I’d just buy one of those if I was buying again.

rossburton
    Free Member

Humanscale Liberty: mine is 12 years old, used 9-6 Monday-Friday, and still in amazing condition.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Wasn’t it the Ikea Markus that people often raved about?

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/markus-office-chair-glose-black-robust-black-20103101/

MrSmith
    Free Member

I think you have to sit on one to get an idea if it suits, I bought a human scale diffrient world chair with a mesh base which was comfortable in the showroom but once I sat on it for a day my skinny arse sit bones were acting as one point of contact and pushing the mesh down so it touched the base, I’m only 68kg and a fatter person with more padding would have been fine. I returned it for an orange box Do chair which is great, adjustable arms and base with tilt settings and a movable lumbar support on the rear mesh.
    The aeron chair didn’t do it for me.

Rich_s

Orangebox Ara here. Client uses them, who are very risk-averse so I’m guessing they’re quite “good”, tried one on for size in their offices, kept a search on eBay. Wallop. £90 picked up.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Worth having a look at http://www.2ndhnd.com

RobHilton
    Free Member

I can make an aeron work for me. Found a guy selling them second hand locally on ebay for £200. He took £170 cash.

Bargainous!

lesgrandepotato

Human Scale diffrient world here. I’m slightly wider in the back end than the post above. Happy user for 5 yrs so far.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Home office chairs’ is closed to new replies.