• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leon.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Home Contents/ bike insurance
  • Leon
    Free Member

Just had an email from pedal cover, who can’t renew my insurance because I’ve had two insurance claims in the last 5 years (both this year sadly, but that’s not highlighted as the problem).

I’ve got two weeks to find an alternative provider. Pedalcover were great until today. I switched to them several years ago because my old m and s policy became prohibitively expensive.

Any recommendations for home/ contents insurance with decent bike cover that won’t cost a fortune?

scotroutes

I switched from PedalCover to Aviva a couple of months ago due to increasing premiums.

weeksy

Bradford and Bingley for me. £5000 total on bike value if that matters

jimdubleyou

We’re with Aviva, not had to claim but bikes are covered – you just tell them your most expensive bike and they base the premiums on that.

fazzini

Moved over to Halifax this year for Home insurance and policy covers all bikes as I’ve itemised them. I had an escape of water claim last year too but price was still reasonable

kcal

If you’re rural-is, might be worth looking at NFU Mutual.

Can’t recall the rates, but it wasn’t bad at all.

jakd95
    Free Member

I use Lloyds home insurance. Price is reasonable and all bikes are specified to a value. Covered in the house/shed/locked up in town as well as for accident damage which got tested last year and they were very easy to deal with. Would happily recommend.

MoreCashThanDash

Aviva here – based on cost of most expensive bike.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    NFU for me since I left M&S
    Claimed once in 2016 and sorted with no hassle. Didn’t even charge me an excess.
    Limitations include max £5000 for any single claim unless from inside the house but garage and gardens included.
    Bikes are specified with values.
    Local broker that you can actually talk to or even call in also helps
    Cheers
    Steve

snotrag

I have personally found it made more sense to have ‘regular’ Home and Contents insruance and then a seperate Bike Policy (Bikmo) which covers home, away, nicked from the car and accidental damage etc etc. I’ve not had to claim, but the cover seems to be very comprehensive although its not pennies.

Leon
    Free Member

Thanks all for a few pointers. I’ll be spending the evening typing in the same information into multiple websites tonight then!

Jordan

Cant help with home contents but for bike specific I recently went with Eversure. Very comprehensive cover for a good bit less than the major names in bike insurance.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s way easier than it used to be. Bikes are well covered on many policies. We went with Nationwide, got full house and contents and loads of new for old bike cover for £35/mo cos we were customers

Leon
    Free Member

not going well so far. Both Aviva and LLoyds won’t give me a quote because of my claims history. (along with some others). Seems a bit pointless having insurance, if by making a claim you make it impossible to then get insurance.

is the idea that you pay them money, but never claim?

Will try NFU (despite being a city dweller) tomorrow, and if no luck I might need to try a mortgage broker 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Home Contents/ bike insurance’ is closed to new replies.