Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Holy crap! (weather content)
  • kimbers
    thejesmonddingo

It’s getting steadily darker in sunny South Yorks,awaiting events,as I’m taking littlemissdingo to a treasure hunt in Dean Clough in about 90 mins.Will we die?????

thekingisdead
    Free Member

At the ‘notomorrow’ festival in Nottingham later.

Expecting to get very wet

Jamie
    Free Member

heading for france

I hear surrender is imminent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Suns out now in Canary Wharf lads 8)

Should be interesting if we do get rain for the Nocturne in Smithfields later, thankfully my race is early 😀

racefaceec90

has definitely got darker now here in devizes.

dark enough to have to put on the lights.

awaiting thunderstorm of biblical proportions now 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

Proper pishing down here on Anglesey at 6pm, light drizzle now. Lot’s of thunder, was surprised it didn’t wake the kids as it went on forever.

trout
    Free Member

Just started raining here in Silsden west yorks

daftvader
    Free Member

On to our second thunderstorm here in north Hampshire…. and it’s pretty dark. So glad I am not at work today!

spooky_b329

Near Brighton – dry overnight, really muggy this morning and just had a dissappointing storm for 15 minutes. Some middling rain and thunder with a couple of decent rumbles. Gone now but fingers crossed for a better show later on 🙂

nbt

Sun was streaming through the windows at 6.30am in Stockport. Rain arrived just after 8, heard the first thunder around 8.30. It’s on and off now. Two minutes ago it was like stair rods, we couldn’t see the hill across the valley, clear now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Gorgeous here in Fort Bill. Don’t know how long for though. I think it might be a little damp come race day.

Give it time…looks great from my front window, looking NE to FW. Not so great from the back, SW towards Mull.

MoreCashThanDash

Quite nice at 7.00 here in the rural idyll of Ilkeston. Got the washing in we left out overnight as it was dry, and I wouldn’t want to spoil our wedding anniversary by making her wash it again.

First downpour started at 7.30. Had another torrential one since, now brighter but standing water on the vegetable patch. Where can I get rice seeds?

solarider
    Free Member

MTFU the lot of you! Since moving to the heat and humidity of South East Asia I have experienced the most amazing thunderstorms. Hong Kong has been one big thunderstorm for the past 2 weeks. We are talking about the kind of weather where they send you home from work for your own safety (and general care for the workforce is not usually that good over here!).

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Feeble excuse of a storm here in the City of the Old People, absolute pants, I’ve seen bigger sparks from a 20 year bicycle dynamo, pathetic. I shall go on top of the Downs later wearing copper armour continuing my insults in the hope of goading it into something better.

martinhutch

Not sure it’s going to live up to the billing here in Skipton. It’s raining though, which means I don’t have to mow the lawn. 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pouring down in S Oxfordshire (Wantage) but very little thunder so far. Not to good for the first day of the Rock in the Park thingy. Should be drier for the outdoor cinema showing of Rocky Horror tonight.

scotroutes

Cracker of a day here in Aviemore btw. The mountains look stunning.

willard

Big thunder at about half six this morning, but now it’s just grey and raining a bit.

Disappointed of South Cambs

bigblackshed

Lots of thunder about 4ish in Hereford. Woke me up. Not much rain, I was expecting it to be a wash out today. Just looks dark and grey. That means I’ll have to cut the hedges. 🙁

takisawa2

Few rumbles & a light shower here on the plains of South Staffs at about 8am, but returned to the usual dull grey overcast now.

Jamie
    Free Member

MTFU the lot of you! Since moving to the heat and humidity of South East Asia….

Pffft! Says the person who moved to South East Asia to get away from our brutal weather!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Clearing up here in the royal county of west berkshire. May venture out on the bike soon.

racefaceec90

(bleep) it,not so much as a sniff of a thunderstorm after all 🙁

am slightly disappointed to say the least.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Few rumbles of thunder and a couple of quick heavy downpours in the Hope Valley earlier. Stopped now so off out to play.

swavis

Absolutely glorious here in Aberlour just now. Heading down to Fort William after lunch for the DH tomorrow and camping with the kids. I’m hoping it stays dry until I get the tent up but I won’t be holding my breath.

molgrips
    Free Member

Gimme a break, it was 5am! I posted from Cardiff. I actually woke up wondering what the noise was as it sounded like someone above us continually moving furniture about.. And I live in a house. It clipped Cardiff, hitting the valleys more directly I think. But it was completely gone in about 10 mins. Bizarre, never known such a fast moving storm.

beaker2135

Just started here in North Pennines. We’re used to rain fingers crossed for some thunder and lightening

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it phished it down for about an hour after the sun popped out, but now the suns out again and almost dried right up..

Yay, just in time for registration up at Smithfields 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Plenty of rain this morning in London, not torrential though. Have checked forecat and South Cost looks perfect for a ride this afternoon or tomorrow morning with blue skies and sun forecast.

CheesybeanZ

@stoner – no phone reception and The Three Counties championship dog show .

kcal

absolutely lovely morning here in Costa del Moray – warm, breeze, lovely spin with small Sword no.2..

molgrips
    Free Member

Lovely now in Cardiff. Bonkers.

bruneep

Scorchio in Banchory this am 8)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Had something similar here in Ayrshire a couple of weeks back, a thunder storm that just sat overhead for about 5 or 6 hours, nice bit of flash flooding too. Came without warning too, didn’t feel like a thundery day, I was out watering my pot plants a few minutes before it started, worrying they were going to dry out, half an hour later I was trying to stop them floating away

Yeh I’m also from Ayrshire although the thunder and lightening we had only lasted 3. Just got back from my ride home and it started as I put the bike away. Never seen a storm last that long.

daftvader
    Free Member

not the best pic but this was just outside my house this morning[/url]IMG_1489 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

bigblackshed

Glorious sunshine in Hereford since lunchtime. Which means half of the hedges have been massacred. Time to light the BBQ and crack open the home brew. 🙂

br
    Free Member

No thunder/lightning but the rain hit us hard on the 3 Breathren (Scottish Borders for those that know it) to be precise, it was just as one of our group got a puncture that took a couple of tubes and 3 of us to actually get the tyre back on the rim (650B content).

Soaked, so we cut short and went to the pub 🙂

CountZero

Been a beautiful day in the glorious Kingdom of Wessex, specifically North Wilts. Was cloudy and a bit damp earlier this morning, but cleared by lunchtime.
    Tee-shirt and shorts day, marvellous! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Holy crap! (weather content)’ is closed to new replies.