Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Holy cow! I really am bald!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I mean, I knew I was bald. But when you look at yourself in the mirror front on it always seems like you have a few hairs here and there. But then I took a pic of the top of my head and now I realise how truly bald I really am. I think I’ll just have to bic my head far more often.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Karl Pilkington?

molgrips
    Free Member

But then I took a pic of the top of my head

.. as you do…

Houns

Why have you posted a picture of Pluto?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At least he didn’t take a picture of Uranus

jamj1974

Don’t listen loddrick. I’m in the same boat.

Basil

Sun damage to scalp

munkyboy
    Free Member

Like a globe viewed directly at the pacific…

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes baldy, you are bald indeed but consider yourself lucky coz you still have the tiny hairs to keep your head warm.

Mine is so polish clean like a mirror … what tiny hairs? Nothing!

Having no hairs is a pain when the weather is cold or hot as both will give me massive headache.

Dammit! 😡

Edit: I hate wearing hat …

CheesybeanZ

Welcome to the club , you’ll need a couple of things – factor 50 in the summer and a beanie for the winter 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ – Member

Welcome to the club , you’ll need a couple of things – factor 50 in the summer and a beanie for the winter

Factor 50 is useless in Borneo coz my head will simply melt with or without 1000 factor … The insects will also have free meal all day long as I found out two summer ago.

I miss my thick hairs …

PiknMix
    Free Member

Baldilocks and the three hairs!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Chrome Dome

boxelder

Get down the tattoo shop and get loads of little rabbits inked all over your noggin.

From a distance they’ll look like hares…….

You must have hairy areas somewhere?
    Pics?
    p.s. did you lie on the bed to take that pic?

CheesybeanZ

Factor 50 is useless in Borneo

It’s bloody great in Bognor.

zippykona

Let us rejoice that we are not baldies in the 70s.

martinxyz
    Free Member

A comb over in the 70’s! You must have skull showing through by now ;O)

cheekyget
    Free Member

Is it a testicle?? 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Crikey, scousers really will nick anything! Hope you get it back mate.

maxray
    Free Member

Explains why you are miserable in lots of forum threads now 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

On the pulse side it hadn’t all sodded off by 21…

spekkie
    Free Member

Bald is one thing, but I discovered a grey hair somewhere I didn’t want to the other day 🙁

My life is over . . . .

wwaswas

The hairdresser still seems to charge the same to do what’s left.

They don’t even offer to polish the bits they can’t cut, either.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Come in, sit down. My name is Madam Fortunista and I’m hear to bring you good news..
    …..
    …”

6mins later having meted out bullshite..

That’ll be £65 please

😆

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I know I’ve been bald for a long time. Just didn’t realise I had huge swathes of my scalp with no hairs whatsoever.

My kids have been calling me egg in a nest for years, I always thought they were exaggerating. Now I know they weren’t.

teasel
    Free Member

Sun damage to scalp

Indeed. Be careful, fella. Even on overcast days you’ll get a good dose of UV. Skin cancer is so easily overlooked when it comes to the top of the head… 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

How can you tell? Does it really look damaged? I tend to wear a hat or a helmet in summer but should I be wearing a hat all year round?

bearnecessities

Clear the parcel shelf.

loddrik
    Free Member

😆

Nico
    Free Member

Tinfoil on head.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im just of for a cut. I can post you some?

*is blessed with a thick mop that would put the gruffalo to shame*

Edukator
    Free Member

Nice jacket, but why are you wearing it indoors?

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s a Mountain Equipment Citadel. I was cold. Better than putting heating on. Plus I think I was just about to go and pick kids up from school.

scandal42
    Free Member

Going bald was the best thing I ever did.

senorj

The op has my sympathy. I recently caught sight of my “sunroof”.
    Good grief.
    In fact every time I go to the barbers and they use the mirror to show the back of my head,I wince.

seavers
    Free Member

You need to get a closer shave dude, that looks patchy as F. And wear a hat in the sun.

I’m bald too, shave very close at least once a week. Hate the way it can look untidy if left too long. Don’t forget the hair on your neck.

teasel
    Free Member

Does it really look damaged?

It looks very similar to my bonce which was highlighted by a skin expert as sun damaged.

I also wear a hat but I’m not religious about it and have been burnt on a few occasions but after recently having a lump removed from my shoulder as a suspected SCC I was informed by the nurse that she sees more skin cancer on the tops of the ears than any other part of the body. So, although delivered with his usual comedic panache, Bear’s suggestion of a wide-brimmed hat matches the advice* given to me by the expert at the dermo dept.

*Her english wasn’t particularly well pronounced so I thought she was suggesting I get a “tealeaf” hat. It wasn’t until I got home that I realised she meant a Tilley hat**, of which I am now the proud owner. I look like a bit of a dick but it has to be better than having problems with that side of life. Before that I used to wear a baseball cap but I think I was little too late in getting there before the damage. I’ve been balding since I was 28 so 20 years of sun damage is going to take its toll.

** Other, cheaper cotton hats are available. I got a Tilley because they’re quite nice to wear so thought it would encourage regular use.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get yourself a Gillette and Shave it off Agassi style.

Sorted.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Welcome to the club. We had t-shirts hats made.

I really want a Bowler hat. Don’t know why and I’m sure i’ll look a total bell end in one but I want one all the same.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m the same, I always thought those dots had a correlation to the cause of baldness (duh) because every bald person o saw had them.

Now I know it’s sun skin damage from being bald 🙁

I wouldn’t mind but I look so stupid in hats! But not stupid enough to risk skin cancer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Holy cow! I really am bald!’ is closed to new replies.