• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by awh.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Holme Valley Trail Hazards
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Just a heads up really. I rode short the track from Shepley Knowle across Carr Lane yesterday afternoon and somebody had been laying sticks and branches across it. It might just be kids playing a prank or even part of a game or it could be more sinister with people actively seeking to sabotage the trail, even if they are seeking to stop motorcycles etc. which is unlikely as I have never come across any on there before, just walkers and horses.

The obstacles ranged from relatively small branches with thorns to larger diameter stuff all the way across in the dip round a blind corner. The sort of stuff that wasn’t really that serious but could cause an annoying muddy puncture or at worst end up in an over the bars moment if caught off guard by them.

I rode it both ways and cleared the offending articles out of the way.

It could be a one off over the weekend (as we only rode on their on Thursday night and there was nothing there then) but just be aware.

Has anyone else come across stuff like this before or recently?

rootes1

stuff brought down by high winds?

Zaskar93
    Free Member

No, these were without doubt placed across the track. Too much of a coincidence for them all to be neatly laid perpendicular across the middle of the track and they weren’t there Thursday and the winds have eased since then.

awh
    Free Member

It appears to be increasingly common Trail Terrorists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Holme Valley Trail Hazards’ is closed to new replies.