Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hollow 6mm Hex for Fox X2 HSC/LSC adjustment
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a hollow 6mm hex socket thingy, so that I can pass the 3mm hex through the middle and free the HSC/LSC up from each other ?

Annoyingly a factory fitted X2 doesn’t come with the handy tools (or spacers) you get in the box and Silverfish don’t have any spares to send out.

I suspect the plastic Fox tool might not be strong enough anyway because the 3mm is clogged up with crap and will end up rounding with any force.

Whilst I’m on the subject. A handy 6mm rubber socket cap would probably prevent this happening again so any pointers as to where they can be acquired would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Drill one out?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Fox tools defitely won’t help you – pretty sure the plastic one only does the 6mm. The metal one won’t give you any leverage (and again it’s only a pocketable 3/6mm hex key)

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a hollow 6mm hex socket thingy, so that I can pass the 3mm hex through the middle and free the HSC/LSC up from each other ?

I’m assuming they’re both locked at the same settting so they move through the full range together?

Have you tried spraying with WD40 and cleaning out the 3mm hole with a dental pick (cheap on eBay)

Air can tuning spacers – I’ve probably got some spares. Pretty sure my original shock came fully loaded with some extras

A handy 6mm rubber socket cap would probably prevent this happening again.

Good idea. I wonder about making one with Sugru…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I suspect the plastic Fox tool might not be strong enough anyway because the 3mm is clogged up with crap and will end up rounding with any force.

Ok – i’ve learnt something. The plastic tool fox supply has a hole for a 3mm hex key and is intended for this use.

excitable1
    Free Member

Took the shock off last night and tried chain oil and Muc Off MO94 but to no avail. They’re turning fine but just not independently. I’ve found the Fox round thingy on ebay for $3 so ordered one of those, even with postage and the treet of a little Fox double hex spanner it’s cheaper than sending the shock off.

Bag of sh1te that Fox don’t supply this stuff with factory fitted shocks !

Good idea. I wonder about making one with Sugru…

Will the Sugru stick in there never to be removed again or will it just pull out when you need it to ?

Air can tuning spacers – I’ve probably got some spares. Pretty sure my original shock came fully loaded with some extras

I’m alright for spacers thanks, I bought a pack and I’ve got 2 fitted so I’ve got some spares left over.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Will the Sugru stick in there never to be removed again or will it just pull out when you need it to ?

I used some to fill the slots in my spd shoes. it felt like it stuck more to itself than it did to a smooth surface – I reckon you’d be able to stick a pick in it and pull it out. Unfortunately only really one way to find out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hollow 6mm Hex for Fox X2 HSC/LSC adjustment’ is closed to new replies.