Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Holidaying near Wirksworth next week – where to mountain bike?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

Am going for a week in the peak district next week with my wife. She’s not keen on biking but I’m taking my mountain bike with me and was wondering where best to go for a few hours off road?

The cottage that we’re staying in is near Wirksworth but I’ll have the car to go short distances to the trails. I was also wondering if there were any skills courses in the area as I’ve always felt I’d benefit from one.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Black Rocks, Crich chase, Shining Cliff/Ambergate woods, Bow Woods, Matlock Pinewoods, Ashover, Darley Dale, Beeley, Chatsworth, Stanton, Bakewell in no particular order – all cracking riding but knowing where to go is the key. Nothings marked and some of its cheeky.

No skills courses afaik.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks. Are there any dedicated trail centres that wouldn’t require me using a map?

andyfla
    Free Member

Sherwood pines, but tbh it would be a crime to go to wirksworth and drive 45 mins to get to a not particularly good bike park.

Look up the white peak guide, good ride that runs from there, black rocks is just down the road as well

the-muffin-man

These are local trails for local people – there’s nothing for you here!

MadPierre

What TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR said!

Trail centres? No. A couple of routes on my site are not a million miles away Eyam & Bakewell and Ashover especially if you start from different positions on them. You’ll need a map though.

andyfla
    Free Member

By the way if you fancy a ride that week (whenever it is) give us a shout – I am crap and unfit though ! My email is in my profile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holidaying near Wirksworth next week – where to mountain bike?’ is closed to new replies.