Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Holiday ideas
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve been told that I have to take some time off (I’ve not taken the legal minimum number of days according to our H&S dept!) and have booked 2 weeks at the end of August. I have an idea of what I’m doing for one of them (covering the bank holiday).

I’m looking for ideas for the first week, something biking based. I have £500 to spend and don’t mind if it’s UK or abroad, but I’m looking for inspiration or cunning plans.

Ideas/suggestions please 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

ROAD-TRIP!

dan1980
    Free Member

Oops, forgot to mention, I don’t drive (and don’t really want to learn before someone suggests it!) so any ideas would need to be based on public transport!

JEngledow
    Free Member

TRAIN-TRIP! (Although It doesn’t have the same ring to it!)

How about getting the train somewhere with some proper hills (Scotland, Wales, Lakes etc), find a B&B and just ride!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aviemore and Golspie for me next week, canny wait! 🙂

rickmeister

If your over 60 and have a pass….

BUS-TRIP!

LeJog by bus-pass… ?

5lab

what sort of biking do you want to do?

£500 should cover a week in the alps if you fancy some downhill action.

dan1980
    Free Member

I only do XC stuff (badly) 🙂

Thanks for the ideas so far

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Train to scotland. offroad tour.

I have a non technical / highly scenic route you can use or modify and there are plenty of others out there. Train to stirling / road to callender / sustrans to killin, old railway to crianlarich, west highland way to glencoe, road or WHW to kinlochleven, estate roads to corrour and laggan, road to dalwhinnie, estate roads to kinloch rannoch – road to either pitlochry or rannoch station and train home

150 ish miles and took us 5 days. Only one short section of hikabike

pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/25846484@N04/sets/72157605318858779/

Trekster

5lab – Member
    what sort of biking do you want to do?

£500 should cover a week in the alps if you fancy some downhill action.
    would travel costs not take up most of Ops budget?
    Train from London to Stirling end Aug could be from £100 – £200 depending on waht day/time travelling

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dan – did you email me? I emailed yo back but no answer – check your spam filters?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Train from London to Stirling end Aug could be from £100 – £200 depending on what day/time travelling

Actually under £60 each way 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Holiday ideas’ is closed to new replies.