Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Holiday help; where to scuba dive (& culture) Oct-Dec?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So as per the title where can you recommend? We have previously done Thailand twice, Koh Lanta/Phi Phi etc then 2 years later we did a live aboard on the Similan Islands. We have been to Egypt twice (Sharm) but looking for somewhere exotic where we could possibly do some diving (maybe a week liveabord) then go onto land and do some cultural stuff.

I was originally looking at Philippines but it appears it is better to go there Jan/Feb. How about Burma? Bali? Vietnam? or is there diving in the Carribean?

So where have you been? what can you recommend? Doesnt’ have to be a liveaboard open to all options and suggestions, just need some help and inspiration!

jota180
    Free Member

My brother raves about Belize, can’t quite recall when he goes though so not sure if it’s a Winter spot.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Have you looked at Dive magazine? It’s usually got articles on exotic foreign places. I’ll be in the Forth over the next couple of weeks – that not to your taste?

Pigface
    Free Member

Truk Lagoon 😀 its my standard answer since I saw some friends pictures.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha no we are fair weather divers no interest in diving in the UK I’m afraid!

I have thought about Belize before but was going to save it for my 40th 😉 just started looking at Costa Rica!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Truk Lagoon is Philippines though isn’t it? The one with all the Japanese World War II ships? If so better to go Feb time need something end of this year.

Doh1Nut

Truk is micronesia – a good distance away.
    All a bit american, live-aboard call “Agressor” etc

wl
    Free Member

Pemba (excellent off-the-beaten-track diving and fascinating culture) and nearby Zanzibar (beaches, culture). Great people in both.

Doh1Nut

I have to say my BiL place in Malapascua philipines

Evolution Diving

It def a beach resort type affair sand island 1 mile long – no roads no cars etc.

Then travelling around for the culture part – rice terraces up north are great but I might be inclined to travel via Hong Kong and jump into China to have a look around there

Trimix
    Free Member

Ask the ‘Finger of France’ about Guadeloupe – we went there last year, great for diving and great for culture. Not at all like the rest of the Caribbean.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Holiday help; where to scuba dive (& culture) Oct-Dec?’ is closed to new replies.