Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Holiday cottage with a sea view.
  • zippykona

No more than 300 miles from London.
    For February so it’s all about having a beer and watching waves.
    Rented a fantastic place in cornwall last year but it’s having building works.

Esme
    Free Member

Craig y Mor in Pembrokeshire? Or is that too big?

onewheelgood

Abersoch too spendy?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Define “sea view”

lesgrandepotato

The cottages at the headland hotel in newquay

hodgynd
    Free Member

Try Low Newton , Bamburgh or Alnmouth on the beautiful Northumberland coast ..slightly further than your max distance at around 330miles ( Low Newton ) …but you can get a train all the way there from London if you don’t want to drive ..
    Just Google “cottages” for any of those locations and you will be spoilt for choice ..

zippykona

This was the view from our bed last year.
    If we could top that we’d be very happy.

petec
    Free Member

you’ll see the sea from here , or here

Esme
    Free Member

Oh, if you only want a view from upstairs, then Glandwr will do very nicely.

prawny

Not a cottage – but ticks the views box nicely.

http://lewinnicklodge.co.uk/

A mate of mine went there a few weeks ago and said it was amazing, I stayed in a caravan down towards crantock 😕

zippykona

We’ve eaten there and it’s certainly on our list.
    The photo above is Crantock.

frankconway

Whitby.

edlong
    Free Member

Whitby.

What he said. There’s loads of em, at various pricepoints and sizes. Companies to look at include Sykes, whitbycottages.com and for the slightly higher end spendy wise (although well worth it ime) Shoreline Cottages.

Nearby if you want quieter / quainter than the buzzing metropolis that is Whitby, have a look at Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes, Runswick Bay.

Avoid Scarborough (generally)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Any of the cottages at trebarwith strand. Awesome rollers come smashing in up a rocky gulley at high tide. Great warm pub at the bottom of the village called the port William. Fantastic coastal walks from the door.
    We stayed at little rufo don’t book when I want to go back!!
    cottages

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’d 2nd Lewinnick Lodge. Its fantastic. Plus they have the best cream tea and the Ale selection is bloody good. There are some cool one’s at Widemouth Bay but pricey.

Also worth looking at South Wale, Rhossili is pretty cool.

Tiger6791

How much of a deal breaker is the “Sea View” ??

Here’s ours

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g552038-d12091653-KYNASTON_COTTAGE_character_cottage_pet_friendly_close_to_beach_walks_and_cycle_rides_.html

Tried and tested by other STW’ers

It’s 204m from the sea but you can’ actually see it 😀

redmex
    Free Member

Give Fast Castle on the Berwickshire coast maybe 350 miles up the road. A wee walk in with the bags down a hill and i’m not sure if the renovation has finished yet
    Cracking waves, seals and dolphins if your lucky

singlespeedstu

Tiger.
    Do you have bike storage at your place?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Shirley a holiday cottage web site will offer considerably more ideas than STW?

docrobster
    Free Member

Try Low Newton , Bamburgh or Alnmouth on the beautiful Northumberland coast ..slightly further than your max distance at around 330miles ( Low Newton )

I’m currently sitting in a very pleasant cottage at Budle bay, 3 miles north of bamburgh. Can see lindisfarne from the breakfast table. The beach is a few yards away.
    Takes dogs, sleeps 6. Cost £540 for this (school half term) week.
    The coast here is just stunning. Kite surfers out on the sands on Sunday morning. Birdwatching at low tide. The ship inn in seahouses is a great pub 10 mins away.
    Google maps says 341 miles to London though so no good to you.

Tiger6791

Tiger.
    Do you have bike storage at your place?

Yeahhh

Yes, it has a gated back yard with a wall anchor and a hosepipe.

zippykona

Shirley a holiday cottage web site will offer considerably more ideas than STW?

I trust the people on here more than a web page that probably uses the magic camera.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Can see the sea from my place – just takes a little longer to get there….

midlifecrashes

Tresaith, halfway up Wales. Beach has a waterfall coming over a cliff onto it, there’s a shop and a pub.

grtdkad

Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay or any of the Northumberland suggestions- Low Newton, Beadnell, Bamburgh.

**doctobster, from where you are, pop (15 mins by car) around the other side of Budle Bay (to Ross Sands). You won’t be disappointed- but please don’t tell anyone!

TheDTs
    Free Member

This would just fit the bill, depending on where in London you are coming from..
    Prussia Cove

rkk01
    Free Member

Not a cottage, but Driftwood Spars at Trevaunance Cove is great in winter… incl on site micro brewery

dantsw13

I’ve stayed in a lot of cottages in Cornwall – Prussia cove looks lovely!

jkomo

Book marked

CountZero

The one at the bottom of this pic with the blue window shade is called Sea View, this photo was taken around six or seven years ago.
    There’s a shed just behind it which is now half destroyed and the contents fallen down the cliff, and part of the wall out front is missing.
    It might be possible to rent it, but be quick before the next Easterly storm takes the whole cottage.
    It’s in Hallsands, South Devon.

wallop

Aww I used to walk my dog at Prussia Cove and the even better Piskies Cove next door when I was a kid.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

We’ve just had a great week in Anglesey. Dulas to be exact with views over the estuary. Google Sage and Sea holiday cottages.
    1hr 20 from Coed y Brennin, which we did and also rode on Anglesey thanks to advice on STW.
    We also did 4 activities at Zip World- Forest Coaster, Velocity, Skyride and (the best bit) Caverns.
    Paddle boarded around the coastline with seals.
    Climbed Snowdon
    Surfed at surf Snowdonia

Really liked Anglesey. Never been before, but we went on Trip Advisor and found a couple of nice restaurants and the walks were beautiful too. A nice place to relax after doing lots of activities.

richardkennerley

Some spectacular places here. Pretty certain they have a lighthouse you can stay in (don’t quote me, i could have seen it somewhere else!)

lapierrelady

https://simplyseaviews.co.uk/

Some of the Nazi Atlantic wall towers on Guernsey/Jersey are also holiday lets- an example here https://www.jerseyheritage.org/holiday/radio-tower

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Crantock Bay gets my vote, as recommended by Zippy Kona earlier too.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ross Sands

Oh yes.
    Thanks for the tip

djflexure

This is a good one – we used to book it each summer when the kids were young.

Sennen Cove

richardkennerley

Just realised I didn’t post the link, national trust holiday properties
    https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/holiday-cottages

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Holiday cottage with a sea view.’ is closed to new replies.