Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 294 total)
  • Holds breath and types….. so, I've got cancer…
  • hora
    Free Member

Semi-OT: A different form of cancer but at the weekend I was reading about Pancreatic cancer. Depressingly it says it takes 10-20yrs for someone who has stopped smoking to drop down to the safe levels of a non-smoker interms of risk of Pancreatic cancer.

bigblackshed

Not much I can say that hasn’t been said already.

Keep positive and healing vibes, man.

nbt

Second post on the thread and just bucking the trend – Cancer does not define you. You still have a life. Go out and talk bollocks about something else for a while. As they say, a change is as good as a rest

khani
    Free Member

Good luck and all the best.

beaker2135

Kinda puts things into perspective
    Everyones cancer journey is different good luck with yours

Andy-R

It’s all been said (and more eloquently than I could say it) in all those posts up there ^^^^.
    But my thought are with you and your family, hoping for the best possible outcome.

freeagent
    Free Member

Good luck, and best wishes –

lowey

Been a long time since we had a ride together mate, the old STW northern rides.

When you are out the other side, which you ****ing well will be, we will have another one!

Go kick the living shit out of it mate… and keep in touch… your one of the good guys!

Bullheart’s post brought a tear to my eye… Chris, I remember reading your thread after his wedding and it moved me so much.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Good luck Chris.
    Everyone’s behind you on this.
    My Mum is in remission from bowel cancer. It always amazes me how strong people can be in the darkest of situations.
    Lean on those around you.

Hope your back out on the bike soon.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

fuckity Chris… I thought you were quiet at the last Brownbacks race , meant to come and have a word and then the momment had gone and I missed you.I’m really sorry to hear your news .The fuzzyfelt hairdo sounds cool though ,stay away from small children and velcro !!!!!

And I’d be up for the STW Northern ride too

Mart

gogg
    Free Member

I don’t know you, but as a fellow human being I wish you the very best of luck on your journey with this disease and hope that it has a positive outcome for you and your family.

Good luck!

p8ddy
    Free Member

Can’t be an easy thing to cope with, but stay positive and determined.

Best of luck. I’ll be hoping for an update as soon as you get told you’re clear. 🙂

scud
    Free Member

Hi mate, don’t know you, but i have my 30 year old sister currently fighting ovarian cancer which seems have spread to her lungs and my uncle with prostate cancer, so i can understand what you and your family are going through, stay positive and kick it’s arse.

If it is of any help, if you find that the doctors have said something that you don’t quite understand or you want to know a second opinion or your options and are looking for answers, drop me a line pauljwhitlock@gmail.com, my wife works in the field and has helped my sister understand more a bit of what was going on.

retrogirl
    Free Member

Just want to say lets kick cancers butt. I know it must be a frightening time but I do remember bullhearts thread where it looked grim from the doctors point of view but his positive attitude and fighting spirit have ensured that he is here to fight another day and I’m sure you can do the same.

officialtob
    Free Member

I’m not going to add anything, apart from a simple good luck, and try to keep your chin up! x

cinnamon_girl

So sorry to read your post. Please be strong.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My very best wishes to you and your loved ones marsdenman. My mum is going through similar to you and although it is a horrible thing for everyone involved we are overwhelmed and comforted by the sheer volume of good news stories that we now come across everyday. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing.

mintimperial

Glad to see you’ve posted this up mate, I knew you’d get lots of lovely replies from your friends on here. 🙂

Good luck with round four. When you get back you know where I am, just yell, any time.

chambord
    Free Member

I can’t add anything that hasnt already been said, but keep strong and kick its ass.

Don’t let the chemo get you down. It’s a hard slog but you’ll pull through it, and you’ll be out on the hills again on 2 wheels.

All the best.

sefton
    Free Member

Jesus…been thinking about this post a lot.

all the best mate.

keep positive…my mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back…had part of her breast removed and went through all the chemo etc….shes been absolutely fine (touch wood) since.

with today’s medicine its not the killer it once was!

craig.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Stay strong and fight like ****. All the best

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

everything everyone has said x a million

kimbers

dunno what to say, would you accept a virtual manhug?

leftyboy
    Free Member

As someone who has had cancer twice I wish you all the best. I hope it helps to know that people do get through this I’m sat in the Hospitial for my 5 year sign off for skin cancer and my testicar cancer was signed off 10 years ago.

Be strong, cry when you need to and set yourself the goal of getting back on your bike.

Good luck and best wishes.

franksinatra

A friend of mine has organised a fund raising event for Lung Caner, her mum has it. In her case it is as a result of being a life long smoker. I hadn’t donated as I was being a bit of a dick and had it down as being a ‘self inflicted’ illness.

Off to Justgiving now with tail between my legs…. 😳

All the best.

mrplow
    Free Member

My Friend’s mother is at the same sort of stage as you. She was given a negative prognosis, was dis-heartened and lost a lot of fight. This has heavily impacted her as she has just completed chemo but has had massive muscle atrophy(sp) due to not pushing herself to eat and having large problems with her nerve control so not able to exercise.

She has now had good results from her latest scan and is now going for radiotherapy. The problem is that she has lost so much control and mobility that everything is very hard and she needs constant care, wheelchair etc. She is now getting the fight back.

Please please do not lose the fighting spirit; not for the reasons of putting a brave face on and performing for others but to give yourself the greatest chance of successfully fighting cancer and being in the best position possible at all times. You will benefit from all the fight you can throw at it, of this I promise to a stranger.

Another story for you, I am sure you have heard millions. My aunt was on holiday and collapsed with a brain tumour. She was stabilised and sent home for urgent surgery. Over the time of a year her hair covered most of the massive operation scars and she got back into life. Then one year later she is at the dentist and they ask that she urgently goes her GP. Turned out she had very serious throat cancer. My aunt simply dealt with this as we all fell apart. She got herself to all appointments and kept herself eating as best she could.

She has now had a number of very large surgeries and radiotherapy (can’t remember if she had Chemo). She has trained herself to speak with what is left of her voice box and speaks well. She has no teeth and serious issues with her jaw as so much bone etc had to be removed. She can only take food blended and relies a lot on protein and energy shakes.

Yet still, there she was at the xmas meal smiling and enjoying the day, same as when we meet up. She has the all clear for cancer but many lingering issues. Somehow she doesnt complain to us, she is probably the only one that has a great understanding of life and she is my hero. I believe to this day that her pro-active attitude and inner fight was a major part of her recovery.

Fight it. Try to express your love to people and don’t beat yourself up should you lash out as you are no doubt on a rollercoaster. They will understand so don’t wallow in the dips. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start throwing more punches everytime.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

best wishes to you – stay strong!

Speeder

My thoughts are with you and your family Chris. Stay strong and keep fighting. Best of luck to you.

annebr
    Free Member

All the best

heisenberg
    Free Member

this is very sad.. all the best mate

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Hoping you beat the Bastard.

muggomagic

Good luck and all the best.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Wishing you and your family all the best Chris. Good luck in your fight. I hope you kick its frickin’ arse!

tobymc

OOOffffff…. What rotten luck. Sounds like age and fitness are on your side though.
    I know several people who’ve had Cancer of various types – they’re all still with us and getting on with their lives.
    I wish the same to be true for you and yours.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Just gonna reiterate all that the massive has already said Chris. (Ex chemo-giving nurse here who’s seen your situation more than I’d care to relate.)

You have a great chance of beating this.

You must stay as strong as you can, so draw strength where you can, and from whom you can.

But being strong means sometimes you need to crack up a bit. This is fine. Release it when needed.

And remember you have many, many friends here who’re beaming you good vibes!

Gary

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve never met you Chris, but as others have said, you are a part of this community and so it hurts the same as finding out anyone I know has been diagnosed with Cancer.
    I lost my father to Primary Liver cancer in October and said farewell to a dear friend a couple of weeks ago, who battled hard against breast cancer for 3 years and never stopped smiling !

One of my best mates had a really aggressive B-cell lymphoma (Cell count doubled every 8 hours) and went downhill really rapidly, he was 35 at the time and in his own words “there was no way that fooker was ‘avin me” his attitude to the medical staff was: give me everything you`ve got, hit it as hard as you can and I WILL find a way of dealing with it……

That Fight and attitude saved his life, of that I (And he) have no doubt….
    His Wife was told at best he had a 20% chance of survival as it was so aggressive and had spread to most of his bone marrow, with secondary to Lymph Nodes and Liver…

He`s over 2 years clear now.
    Fight it with everything you have got, do not give in to it at all, my father did not fight and was just resigned in a “What will be will be” attitude, which was heartbreaking.
    Stay strong, keep in touch even if only to vent, there will always be support here when you need it.
    Hope to meet you in person on a ride soon
    All the best to you and your family
    Dom

toss
    Free Member

Gutted for you.
    BUT good luck in kicking the bastards head in! Some awe-inspiring stories up here too… (sniff….)

T

slowjo
    Free Member

Yeah…good luck. Keep fighting and kick the evil so and so into touch!

tenfoot

Best wishes to you

oldskooler
    Free Member

Chris, you were due to shoot my wedding this year in September (4th).

You can beat this bastard, we’re built of strong stuff up here!!

Stay strong mate show it who’s boss.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘Holds breath and types….. so, I've got cancer…’ is closed to new replies.