Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 294 total)
  • Holds breath and types….. so, I've got cancer…
  • ononeorange

Very best wishes, Marsdenman. Really do wish you the very best on this one.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chris, that’s very tough, all credit for you for having the strength to share it. Good luck with your battle and best wishes and thoughts from me. Andy

The thread below from another forum I hang out at may be of interest Sailing Anarchits affected by Cancer

penguinni

Best wishes to you and your family. Get well soon.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wishing you all the best

Philby

Sending healing vibes!

I think your post shows what a fantastic NHS we are lucky to have in the UK.

Stay strong!

gordimhor

All been said already really. Just wish you all the best

stewbaccason

So sorry to read this Chris. I wish you all the best and I hope that the treatment you’ve already had has done the job. All the best and wishing you the best recovery you can have.

HindlePie
    Free Member

I don’t post very often mate, but all I can say is stay positive for you and your family. Looking forward to meeting you on a ride at some point in the future, where you can be one of them people I truly admire and look up to for beating this bastard.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Echo all the above and wish you all the best in your treatment. Sunny South Wales is always here if you ever fancy a go on the bike.

James.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

All the best fella. I look forward to reading some good news stories in the months to come.

kayak23

Best of luck kicking this to touch Chris.
    Thanks for writing what you have.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve been learning a lot about honesty and showing one’s vulnerability. Hat’s off to you MM for writing that. And I’ll keep tipping my hat to you all the way – I have no doubt it will be hard, but it’s a fight worth having.

While not the same type/location, here’s a link to a blog by a similarly aged guy in my cycling club. I don’t know him, but I found reading his blog amazingly touching and uplifting. And he’s back on the bike….

Chris Wilkinson’s blog

Best wishes.

peterfile
    Free Member

Awful news for you and your family, but glad you’re in fighting shape and up for kicking this in the arse.

I’ve had my mum and best mate go through the same process, the only advice I could offer you is to lean on those around you as much as possible, it will make things easier for you and, strange as it sounds, it will make this easier on them too. One of the hardest things I found was not being able to help, just having to stand and watch them go through it, so the more I was able to do (even just trivial things), the more positive I felt since I was at least doing something.

You’re in good hands now. I hope everything goes well, I really do.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

All the best buddy… stay positive and focused and no doubt you’ll be back on top in no time; there is a lot of evidence to show the healing power of the mind, so hang in there with mind over matter and you’ll kick it’s butt good n proper.

Also, if you do decide to begin a Crystal Meth Empire due to your natural levels of genius, try to avoid becoming overly greedy.

busydog
    Free Member

As everyone has said, attitude and determination play a big role in beating cancer, along with family support.

I beat Melanoma 7 years ago, so know it can be done.

Wishing you the best.

slackalice
    Free Member

I admire your courage in so many ways. Believe and keep going and believe some more and thank you for sharing. There are some wise and humbling words in the posts above, Im sure you’ll take much strength from them.

And thank you also for giving me a renewed perspective on my life.

hora
    Free Member

I honestly dont know what to say but…

Take it **** down. Beat the **** thing square then smile and never stop smiling 🙂

project
    Free Member

Best wishes, a freind of mine had half of her lung removed september due to cancer, and has made a good recovery,shes back at work etc.

Positive mental attitude and all that

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, and all the best mate.

If you fancy another pint at the Riverhead on one of our next trips to Slaithwaite I’ll let you know when we’re next up.

timraven

I can only add to the best wishes. Hope you beat seven bags of s*** out of it.

Kuco

Wish you all the best in beating it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Really cr@p news but stay strong Chris and give it some! All the best!

Edric64
    Free Member

Again I dont know you but wee in cancers shoes loads !good luck stay strong

Edric

Bunnyhop

Wow Chris! You know we are here for you.

Even though you are having problems with fatigue, myself and J. would love to come and visit, even if you can only manage half an hour or so.

Keep going lad. We are all behind you.

J. And J. xx

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I wish you the very best nailing your challenge.

matt_outandabout

Hug? I give good hugs, and usually find I have little to say in such situations.

pondo

What an absolute bitch of a break, but sounds like you’ve done and are doing what you should and are in the right hands. Love n hugs, and get the fecker beat, attitude really counts – and thanks for sharing, it can’t be easy to talk about!

66deg
    Free Member

I’d like to wish you all the best for what ever you may have to face in the future . Whilst i am not suffering from cancer the last couple of years have been difficult in our family, my father in law has had his bladder and all plumbing removed but now has lung cancer whilst my mother has had two different types of cancer in either breast . My uncle has been fighting cancer for the last decade and has just passed his 120th chemo treatment.
    The thing that has surprised me over the last few years is how resilient people can be and accepting of the changes to life that occur after diagnosis.
    I can recommend a book that may help with some of the questions you may have it is titled Cancer is a word,not a sentence by Dr Robert Buckman.

Good luck.

jamj1974

Give cancer the **** beating it deserves! Positive thoughts are with you chap!

jonnyrockymountain

Chris, the best of luck mate, you need to be strong (which you sound it)
    I’am a marsden man myself and do know of you, actually we have been on a ride together a while ago with different friends (panmechno) I think you know Ian Sykes?
    Any way like I said beat it man we are all behind you
    Take care
    Jonny

stumpy01

Good Luck Chap!

Kick it firmly in the goolies….

samuri
    Free Member

That’s terrible to hear but great to know that you may have kicked it’s ass.
    Here’s hoping it has gone for good.

DezB
    Free Member

Hard for me to know what to say as my little bro has just restarted radiotherapy again today. Just get that thing beat.

singletrackmind

What a very well worded post given the circumstances. And you get a nod from me for biging up the NHS . Sometimes they get it wrong and its all too easy to criticise.
    Wishing you well in your battle and i sincerly hope you are victorious.
    STM

thegreatape
    Free Member

All the best.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I can’t other advice or experience of what your going through but I do wish you good luck.

ton

Chris, don’t know what to say mate, I feel really sad and gutted for you, shit things happen to nice people, god knows why.
    all I can say is keep strong mate, and hopefully you will come out on top. good luck mate.

racefaceec90

i just wish you a full recovery and kick it’s arse.apologies for not having anything constructive to add.

Drac

The very best of health to you and thoughts with you and family. I see shit like this almost daily and it never makes hearing or seeing someone with a serious illness any easier.

Best of luck with your recovery.

hambl90
    Free Member

Good luck Chris , stay positive and kick it’s arse .

Ian

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘Holds breath and types….. so, I've got cancer…’ is closed to new replies.