Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug
  • johndoh
    Free Member

In what way were you expecting the films to be different then?
    (genuine question)

As I said ages ago, I loved them at first (bought them all on DVD, then extended DVD, then Bluray) but I just don’t think they have stood up well – still have some good bits but other parts leave me squirming).

And the first Hobbit film – just so slow and drawn out. I hate to think what the extended version will be like….

lemonysam
    Free Member

In what way were you expecting the films to be different then?

Erm… Many people above have complained that the films are too different from the books…

johndoh
    Free Member

Many people above have complained that the films are too different from the books…

TBF, if they were too close to the books they would be painful too – non-stop singing and rhymes…

lemonysam
    Free Member

TBF, if they were too close to the books they would be painful too – non-stop singing and rhymes…

Agreed

stevomcd
    Free Member

With all the LOTR films and now the Hobbit ones my major Tolkien geekery is at war with the part of me that really doesn’t like Peter Jackson films. So I end up going to see them, but feeling dirty about it.

Not to say that LOTR was all bad, some stunning cinematography and some really well-executed scenes (for me, Black Riders in Bree, Bridge of Khazad-Dum, Rohirrim charge of Pelennor Fields) but some just awful, cringey dialogue and some really bad acting too.

CountZero

pictonroad – Member
    Utter tripe, total waste of an evening. Must stop going to see ‘blockbuster’ films. It’s for the under 16’s, it’s not for adults.

The cardigan/elastic-waisted beige slacks/comfy slippers look is really catching on with the twenties/thirties crowd this year, I hear…
    They go well with the Mantovani/Daniel O’Donnel/Val Doonican records…

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug’ is closed to new replies.