Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • HMV Record Store Is This A Joke
  • grantway
    Free Member

Mrs went into an HMV record shop and asked for the
    Christmas Carole song by the wives of the guys in the services
    for her Dad for Christmas amongst other presents.

The chap in the shop said NO we are only selling the Little Minx CD ?

Would think twice before spending my hard earn’t cash there.

brant
    Free Member

Big pile of Military Wives on hmv counter in Rochdale.

BoardinBob

Big pile of Military Wives on hmv counter in Rochdale.

Any good looking ones?

neninja
    Free Member

Brother in law tried to get a copy in the local HMV on Christmas Eve – they’d sold out – 800 copies in a morning.

I suspect that’s what happened in your case.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Our troops.
    Our troops.

timc
    Free Member

sounds like a crossed wires convo to me tbh

Gary_M
    Free Member

Was that the actual words the guy used? Perhaps he said ‘we’ve not got that (as they may have sold out), but we’ve got the other pop pickers favourite little whatever.’

Drama queen.

grantway
    Free Member

neninja – Member
    Brother in law tried to get a copy in the local HMV on Christmas Eve – they’d sold out – 800 copies in a morning.

I suspect that’s what happened in your case.

Nope he said they are only selling the Little Minx CD
    This was at the Gallions Reach store in Beckton East London

grantway
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

Was that the actual words the guy used? Perhaps he said ‘we’ve not got that (as they may have sold out), but we’ve got the other pop pickers favourite little whatever.’

Drama queen.

Hello please put on your binoculars and read again 🙄

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Would think twice before spending my hard earn’t cash there.

Why? They can sell anything want surely?

CountZero

Why? They can sell anything want surely?

Very true, but you have to question the wisdom of not stocking a single that’s outselling everything else in the chart put together. When record stores bemoan the fact that nobody’s buying records, then refuse to stock the biggest seller for the last few years, well, that attitude is just inexplicable. I would be asking the manager of that store just how much he/she wants to carry on running it if I was the area manager or whatever.

hora
    Free Member

Who cares either way. I’d rather have a campaign to get our troops out of a hopeless place. I’d give it a year after our withdrawal before Kazai is shot dead or blown up. I don’t care about his current links or pro-Pakistan posturing. There will be a power move asap.

timc
    Free Member

i work in the music industry & know how hmv order work, its more than likely they had sold out & there has been crossed wires somewhere, very unlikely they chose not to stock it!

grantway
    Free Member

timc – Member
    i work in the music industry & know how hmv order work, its more than likely they had sold out & there has been crossed wires somewhere, very unlikely they chose not to stock it!

Just read the above i was waiting in the car after we done some shopping
    Can no one understand the word NO since when NO means wires crossed
    They was only selling the Little Minx Christmas CD good God

grantway
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Who cares either way. I’d rather have a campaign to get our troops out of a hopeless place. I’d give it a year after our withdrawal before Kazai is shot dead or blown up. I don’t care about his current links or pro-Pakistan posturing. There will be a power move asap.

thats another thread but I believe it will happen more sooner myself.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Who are little minx anyway???

grantway
    Free Member

Neil F – Member
    Who are little minx anyway???

Exactly

sc-xc

Exactly

warton
    Free Member

who cares, they’re both shit anyway. and, no, they wouldn’t have not been stocking it, they would have sold out. I too have worked in the music retail industry and big chains like HMV will have central buying for big releases like that, individual shops won’t be able to pick and choose what they sell ffs.

Do you honestly think head office would allow their christmas takings to be hit because some store manager doesn’t want to sell one of the biggest singles of the year? in a word, NO.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Should have got him a calendar instead 😉

grantway
    Free Member

warton – Member
    who cares, they’re both shit anyway. and, no, they wouldn’t have not been stocking it, they would have sold out. I too have worked in the music retail industry and big chains like HMV will have central buying for big releases like that, individual shops won’t be able to pick and choose what they sell ffs.

Do you honestly think head office would allow their christmas takings to be hit because some store manager doesn’t want to sell one of the biggest singles of the year? in a word, NO.

The just why did the person say NO we are only selling the Little Minx CD
    Do you want a bag of nuts with that

warton
    Free Member

there was probably a bit of a mix up in communication when your wife asked him, the majority of HMV workers can barely communicate at the best of times, let alone at christmas.

i’ll pass on the nuts, just popping out for a steak, but thanks anyway

grantway
    Free Member

warton – Member
    there was probably a bit of a mix up in communication when your wife asked him, the majority of HMV workers can barely communicate at the best of times, let alone at christmas.

Just what part of a mistake is the sales person saying NO we are only selling the Little Minx CD

iDave
    Free Member
    mrhoppy

Given as what they’re not called little minx I’m calling that’s not exactly the conversation that was had.

sc-xc

All HMVs stocked the m (just checked with my mate who is something to do with purchasing there)

It’s likely they ran out. In his opinion.

grantway
    Free Member

mrhoppy – Member
    Given as what they’re not called little minx I’m calling that’s not exactly the conversation that was had.

Bored foolish post

timc
    Free Member

grantway, maybe the sales person misunderstood the question? maybe he/she was just wrong?

anyway, its been pointed out above, HMV will have stocked it, they must have sold out in that store.

carry on being a miserable sod 🙂

Bregante

Bored foolish post

Don’t be so hard on yourself

STATO
    Free Member

NO we are only selling the Little Minx CD

Not enough stock for all the stores, that store dosnt get any in the last shipment, manager tells shift manager they have none but plenty of the other one, shift manager tells store lackey they are now only selling the other one, lackey tells custom the above quote. Simple?

Why jump to ridiculous conclusions about an entire chain ‘not supporting our troops’ etc.

Also, since has an offhand remark by one member of staff (not subsequently challenged for clarification?) actually been the truth, generic shop floor staff in chains like that are quite often poorly informed by management or generally not interested.

p.s. Please learn how to use the quote button, its not hard and would make your responses easier to read 😀

warton
    Free Member

So three people who have, or have friends that have worked in the industry have explained it was a misunderstanding, and HMV have stocked the single.

You continue to whine on with the same point regardless, I bet Christmas was fun at your house.

grantway
    Free Member

timc – Member
    grantway, maybe the sales person misunderstood the question? maybe he/she was just wrong?

anyway, its been pointed out above, HMV will have stocked it, they must have sold out in that store.

Ahhhhh I get it. So my Mrs just misunderstand the word NO to the reply of her question clever that 🙄
    I take it you don’t work for HMV then !

Jamie
    Free Member

Grantway is a badly coded spambot, and I claim my 5 space dollars.

STATO
    Free Member

Ahhhhh I get it I’m a liar

No but it sounds like your slightly unstable 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

Maybe your Mrs explained it not quite 100% accurately as it’s pretty dull and inconsequential?

sc-xc

Just in case people don’t know who we are talking about…here is a picture of Little Mix

Jamie
    Free Member

What the? They all have the same mouths?!!

Doppelgängers!

Northwind

grantway – Member

Nope he said they are only selling the Little Minx CD

Easily tested- any other CDs in the shop? Or had they converted the whole place to a Little Minx Emporium? Ask your Mrs, enquiring minds must know.

jon1973
    Free Member

I don’t understand, did they get their CD’s from HMV?

13thfloormonk

Bored shop staff trying to crack a joke and it maybe coming out wrong?

I said something similar in the shop I worked in when the buying staff had inexplicably not ordered any brake pads for the winter. As I was pissed off apologising all the time I flippantly told a customer that “no, we don’t have any, nobody buys them at this time of year”. They took me seriously and started trying to explain that it was winter time that brake pads wore out quickest. My bad 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘HMV Record Store Is This A Joke’ is closed to new replies.