Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hmmmm Cut Gate tomorrow ….. swimming gear needed?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Doing a birthday ride and cut gate it is tomorrow. I think its gonna be a bit wet, especially with the rain thats coming down at the moment ……..

Brown
    Free Member

Gotta say I’d go elsewhere after the last few days! You might have more fun around Castleton or Jacob’s Ladder?

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Yeah. We’re meant to be doing a special birthday route and this is one that we havent done …. have to put thinking cap on or just do it anyways. the descent off howden is worth it alone I guess. I’ve done that descent a few times just not done the whole CG route to Langsett.

Brown
    Free Member

The bit down to Langsett is the best bit! It’s the top section across the bog, which is brilliantly swoopy in the dry, that will be the problem. It might well be a slow, stodgy, eroding mess…

flyingmonkeycorps

It was almost wet enough to stop it being much fun a couple of weeks ago on the top, if it’s rained much more I’d seriously think about going somewhere else…

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve done a bit of the top moor. It was so muddy my bike was able to stand up on its own! In a perverse kind of way I’m still kinda interested in doing it!

flyingmonkeycorps

Each to their own but… I hate it up there when it gets over wet. Lovely when it’s frozen and snowy though!

compositepro
    Free Member

It’s pretty grim up there today and it’s still pissing it down at langsett

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Did it on Sunday and it was perfect, dry with a slightly damp surface 🙂 Bikes were just a touch dusty at the end.

Rained non stop for the last two days in Sheffield so I’d be prepared for a wet ride if you go over it tomorrow.

JohnnyPanic

Think ‘bog snorkling’. Good Luck.
    P.S. We’ll need pics.

antigee

that will be a hippo bathday ride then

leaves quickly

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Well Gee knows all about bog snorklin eh?

Looking at the dark peak for alternatives but if we do CG we’ll have a camera with us anyways.

crispo
    Free Member

If you decide to do anything round Castleton/Edale kind of way instead would you post up here how it is. Heading there at the weekend so looking which bits to ride/avoid! Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Perhaps not the most responsible time to be riding up their is it? But then again its your birthday.. what the heck

nbt

I’d echo the comments about choosing another route, riding there at the moment won’t do your bike any favours and it certainly won’t help the path on the ground

thepodge
    Free Member

well its still raining here in Hope

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’m off there on holiday for a week next week. 🙁

This thread is making me realise why it was a whole lot cheaper than going to Spain.

thepodge
    Free Member

Its quite nice out now.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Er … we did Derwent Edge in the end guys. Damn windy and alot of rain while we were up there. So windy we both got headaches!! Horizontal rainaswell!! By the time we got back down to Ladybower Inn the sun was out and the temperature rose incredibly. The trails are solid.

JohnnyPanic

Tempted to say ‘chicken’, but at least you got out, which is more than I did and I’m only 20 mins away 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

cheers ratswithwings, just setting off for there now!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hmmmm Cut Gate tomorrow ….. swimming gear needed?’ is closed to new replies.