Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hitchcock – just seen it
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

dont worry about spending the money to see it in the cinema…. nothing in the film needs a big screen IMO. good film, well acted but at the same time not exactly amazing.

little bit underwhelmed tbh.

meh…. die hard on friday

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It also brushed over the various stories surrounding the making of psycho which I was expecting. It was enjoyable but it should have been a bit grittier. Hitchcock was notoriously mean and vindictive when making his films. None more so than when making Psycho.

I concur with meh.

DezB
    Free Member

Does Hopkins’ makeup look as weird on the big screen as when I saw it on TV? It’s all I could focus on.

philconsequence
    Free Member

his face is a little distracting yes

TPTcruiser

Thought this was the Will Smith mash-up sequel where he is a superhero who fixes people’s love lives?

Pook

Hopkins is described in one review as ‘a plump Neil kinnock’ which is fair looking at the pictures of him

grievoustim
    Free Member

The BBC Hitchcock film on over Christmas was pretty good – was a pretty unflattering view of Hitchcock

rewski
    Free Member

thanks, but I’ll think I’ll wait to hear what claudia winkleman thinks 😉

Pook

she thinks

‘my fringe isn’t long enough and I need more mascara’

rewski
    Free Member

😆

ok then, that kermode clone.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it, that’s about it. Not amazing but worth a watch (ScarJo and JeBiel you say?).

Reluctant
    Free Member

Well, I watched Vertigo followed by The Birds last night ~ time well spent. I’d rather watch his films than a film about him 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I watched Vertigo too, blimey that’s weird. Good weird though.

RustySpanner

Vertigo is ace. 😀

Notorious is great too. They never show the bloody thing on the telly though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hitchcock – just seen it’ is closed to new replies.