Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 215 total)
  • Hit t'North
  • Harry_the_Spider

How many “Elite” riders finished 150th or higher I wonder.

2hottie
    Free Member

I started at the back for the fun of over taking on the downs, (not the ups) an came in 134 so really pleased with that.

jamiew84
    Free Member

started with the plodders at the back… finished 88th. Next year i think i might promote myself to the fast guys. never elite.. those guys looked hardcore!

iDave
    Free Member

Hmm, clearly sacrificing an extra lap to get my car up the hill early was not a good move from a sporting point of view……

Harry_the_Spider

Even the bloke who rides the TT commented on the people at the front and started a couple of rows back.

Vortexracing

157th, quite pleased since I was 123rd last year with a field of 200.

Felt OK after the race, that was until I got home. as the day went on I got more and more buggered.

2 bottles of beer last night and I was ready for bed at 9:00 😳

D0NK

How many “Elite” riders finished 150th or higher I wonder.

there were some riders that seemed to be going backwards in the 2minutes after the start 🙂

in the top third, didn’t quite make the top quarter, I’m happy with that.

Harry_the_Spider

One rider who is actually “Elite” said that those who went off like a bullet were blowing out of there arses after 500m of the first climb.

iDave
    Free Member

I’d have said it was more like 200m, camelbaks flapping in the breeze

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Something funny with the results 🙂 My stoker appears to be 3 places ahead and a lap ahead of me 🙂

Well it was fun I guess and its all about taking part so they say 🙂

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Something funny with the results My stoker appears to be 3 places ahead and a lap ahead of me

Well it was fun I guess and its all about taking part so they say

TJ ……maybe he was doing all the work 🙂 🙂

was a great day. Dont know how you got the tandem up that mud slope

jamiew84
    Free Member

One rider who is actually “Elite” said that those who went off like a bullet were blowing out of there arses after 500m of the first climb

i was wondering what the smell was at the top of the climb by the time i got there!

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

166th on first attempt at a mtb race, quite pleased really!I just set myself a steady pace to get round without blowing up too early. Thoroughly enjoyed the event and big thanks to all the organisers for putting it on. I’ll definately be back next year! Very pleased with the bike aswell as just got C456 and 1×9 set up and had no mechanical problems at all. Better than some poor souls i passed with broken chains etc.

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Anyone got any links to any pics (other than those in this thread)?

rangerbill

I started of in the ‘bit of a plodder’ class, then was moved back to the ‘probably will die’ to make way for the elite. Finished 102 and had a great time….in a masochistic kind of way

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Ha, a steady 227th for team Spanner

Whooooooohooooo, SEVENTH FROM LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only ‘cos yo pushed past in the “hiding in the woods at the end” queue

tthew

I think the lurkers should have been decimated, in the Roman sense just before the 2 hour mark.

Edit – on second reading, that sounds somewhat harsh, maybe just disqualify every 10th one, not actually execute. 😳

dawson

158th for me!

I’m wondering if I lost a load of time in the traffic jam of the first lap – but doubt whether it made much difference overall!

RustySpanner

I’ve never lurked in my life, it’s just not the done thing. 🙂
    Anyway, I thought it was the old folks queueing for the toilets.

Many thanks to the organisers and marshalls, It was the best one yet, without doubt.

Great to see everyone from here as well.
    Hope WCA’s feeling ok this morning – it was like watching Boris Johnson on ketamine in the pub last night 😀

DrP

I’m pleased to say, WCA’s breakfast remained completely in his stomach on the drive back this morning!!!

DrP

(who doesn’t appear on the finishers list….. I promise I finished!)

brakes
    Free Member

how did Guy Martin do?

v12jat
    Free Member

was a great event, finished 57th. which i am happy with!

v12jat
    Free Member

guy was 59th!

rsvktm

Starting grid was interesting. Ended up getting shoved back to not very fast and managed to finish 50th. My camelbak was definitely flapping all the way round

ps can we have a tubeless kit for the gritting wheelbarrow next year, my arms are killing today 😯
    Thanks again for another great event

Bunnyhop

Something funny with the results My stoker appears to be 3 places ahead and a lap ahead of me

Really did lol.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

“Something funny with the results My stoker appears to be 3 places ahead and a lap ahead of me”

I’ll call it respect for the elderly, a time and lappage bonus. I’m happy to accept it.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

92nd I only got lapped once and considering my bike weighed in at 42lbs I’m chuffed.

sefton
    Free Member

165th, started near the back, cx bike was superb though, no off’s and no mechanicals – need a bigger cassette next time though!

superb!

Clover

Hi John thanks for the trail banter/ abuse and ‘rolling the trail flat for the cx ers’ 😀

In the event didn’t do too badly by walking – proud of 154th on my skinny bike and, thanks to turning 40 last week, 2nd vet woman 😛

Clover

Passed TJ and Slow old git and waved but I think you’d pulled up for a mo, if you remember a blonde on
    a cx shrieking ‘hurray for tandems’, that was me. He wouldn’t let me bring ours and forced me to struggle round on
    my own 😥

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m happy with my result, 217th, on me SS my aim was not to finish last and I didn’t. Think I’d of been in the top 10 if I had a full set of gears and a two stroke engine. 😉

Well done to everyone that entered and the DNF’s too!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I expect his number was counted more than yours – the girl taking the numbers down was using rear numbers mainly.

perhaps a tandem in the race wasn’t a great idea if we’re looking for results perfection :-/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL@ terrahawk – actually I didn’t put my number on to avoid confusion. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clover – Member

Passed TJ and Slow old git and waved but I think you’d pulled up for a mo, if you remember a blonde on
    a cx shrieking ‘hurray for tandems’, that was me. He wouldn’t let me bring ours and forced me to struggle round on
    my own

I remember that. We got a lot of encouragement from folk which was nice

Harry_the_Spider

Is anyone on here going to own up to riding up all the steps? Somebody did it. I saw it.

In 15 years of riding round here I have never seen it, but I do ride with some complete stiffs 😉 .

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How did they get up onto and over the raised wooden sided steps part, just after the steep bit eases off a bit?
    Getting to that bit is doable but not over that step I reccon

Harry_the_Spider

They did it. Straight up the steps. It looked like he took the right hand line and missed the run to the left completely.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Don’t ask me, I prolly had my eyes shut.

tthew

Not me, had enough of a job pushing up them, but on my second to last lap one of the leaders shouted ‘rider riding!’ at the bottom of the steps and just flew up them.

Very impressive and nearly caused me to turn round, lob my 120mm skills compensator in the stream and retire.

sambob
    Free Member

Saw people get very close. Managed to ride out of the stream on ym 2nd and 3rd laps which I was happy enough with, only failed on the 1st lap because there was someone infront of me.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Hit t'North’ is closed to new replies.