Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 215 total)
  • Hit t'North
  • fozzyuk

yeah nbt ffs surely in 767 you have one of me on the bike….Yes I was slow, lazy and unskilled but I did ride the blooming bike at some point.

The 400 or so I’ve seen so far have a couple of me hiking 😉

AntM
    Free Member

Great event! Good course, cheery marshall, fine catering, and excellent banter from the other riders. Glad I parked at the rugby club- best £1.50 I’ve ever spent. Thanks again everyone. I’m up for thenext one 😀

D0NK

What a cracking day out. Thanks to HrS and terrahawk for arranging a fine event with a great course, rusty spanner for the apres race and all the other competitors participants for making the atmosphere so good.

Weatherman should get a mention for getting it right for once.

Blackmark for my team mates hiding so they didn’t have to do another lap!

Cracking beer&curry but the ride home thru the snow was purgatory.

Hope to do another htn.

Junkyard
    Free Member

blackmark for a teamleader dissing his domestiques publicly 👿
    It was his sore knee and if it was not snowing and my forks actually worked i would have done another lap…probably

Vortexracing

It was his sore knee and if it was not snowing and my forks actually worked i would have done another lap…probably

yeah, sure you would 😉

D0NK

You didn’t have to own up as a diss-ee 🙂
    if if if eh? I don’t think we’d have been in the running for any prizes anyway.
    Same time next year? Or maybe the HtN team will do another 10/12hours job, the 3 of us doing it solo?

Edit how did it go for you vortex? I didn’t see you on the course (mind you I somehow failed notice TJ and s-o-g on a tandem aswell)

ssjeff
    Free Member

JC.

2nd out of two.

You’re freaking awsum.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes 12 hour solo round there sounds like fun…keep me in the loop 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Hello all, time 00.45 and i’m pissed.

Thanks for all the kind words. We’ve already started plotting for HTN 2013 but the best idea we have come up with so far is to buy at Land Rover with a winch.

Vortexracing

Did OK Donk, was really crap last year, but this year seem to do better.

Still not used to this racing lark, so I’m still unsure how hard to push.

Pook

I find that working out how hard to push depends entirely on how deep the mud is at htn.

lipseal
    Free Member

best idea we have come up with so far is to buy at Land Rover with a winch.

I know I’m a bit of a lump, but I think I can manage MTFU Hill without one. 🙁

Dark-Side

My legs are a bit stiff this morning. Thanks to all involved in organising, especially Harry the Spider and Terrahawk. In retrospect, I loved the course. Yesterday at around midday I wanted you both dead 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

any other photo galleries anywhere?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

The scramble through the small bog and up the bank, about 200m before the right turn down to the the car park….I found that required a bigger dose of MTFU than MTFU hill.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ DONK – You must have lapped us, every other under-30 did. Maybe we’d pulled off for a coughing break?

Harry_the_Spider

Nice to see everyone last night. Talking “shop” with WCA for half an hour has detroyed my liver. The only consolation I have is that his hangover should be worse than mine as he was pre-bladdered by the time we got to the pub.

Unsung STW heroes from yesterday – Mr Sparkle & xherbivoure. The perfect head marshal and traffic director.

And Bullheart too. A double hard bastard, but we already knew that.

Buying a Land Rover may not be the best idea. 10 bags of road salt and a grit dispenser may be a better investment.

rangerbill

A big grit bin in the organizer car park…..or a big Unimog

Harry_the_Spider

Normally all the lower car parks are locked. I suspect that we are the only people who use them. I can’t see the council providing grit bins just for us.

tthew

or just hire the gritter driver next year. He came down to the bottom car park about 40mph in that truck, gritted EVERYTHING, (including the inside of my shoes) and left also about 40. He’d have had that bloody big camper van up the slope first time, no danger.

Harry_the_Spider

Gritter Man turned up 30 minutes after we had dug our own way out and cancelled him. If they send a bill they will be told to Jog Off.

GregMay
    Free Member

Awesome day yesterday! Big congrats to Jase and Andrew for pulling off another memorable day. The snow only added to it 🙂

hallz
    Free Member

Could i just add my own thanks to the organisers, marshalls and everyone else associated with the whole day! It was a smashing event, my first ever entry into the world of organised events and its something i wont forget!

Cyclists seem to get a lot of bad press (mainly by car drivers) about attitude etc but everyone was very courteous as they passed me, thanking me for getting out of their way! I received around 300 “thanks mate” and that was by the end of my first lap 😯

I was also pretty impressed with the amount of varied single track in Philips Park. We had ventured there a few weeks ago to have a look and hadn’t seen a fraction of the trails available. Will definately return to Philips Park and Hit the North!

Below is a map of the course – i didn’t bother adding the details of my recorded ride for fear of embarrassment!!! 😳

Harry_the_Spider

Did you cut a corner in Mid Wood?

Junkyard
    Free Member

harry what was the lap length – o was told before hand it was 3.5 miles which it was not
    Hope you got the chocolates and cheers for all yours and jasons efforts.
    you have built something to be proud of …build it and they will come 😀

hallz
    Free Member

No, didnt cut the corner!! Just a lack of consistency on the GPS!

The first lap was 4.3 miles and it was just over 4.1 miles on the subsequent laps…

Harry_the_Spider

I thought it was about 3.5m. Not sure to be honest. Jason is Minister of Measurement, I’m King of The Scroungers.

Got the sweets. Thanks 😀 Fed them to people.

el_bandido
    Free Member

Yesterday was my first Hit the North and I’ve got to say I has a great time. Thanks to everyone involved in running the event, it was bloody freezing, so your efforts are much appreciated. I hope the scoring lady is feeling better!

terrahawk
    Free Member
    terrahawk
    Free Member

harry what was the lap length – o was told before hand it was 3.5 miles which it was not

it’s about 3.5 to 4 miles I think.

miner29er
    Free Member

The scramble through the small bog and up the bank, about 200m before the right turn down to the the car park….I found that required a bigger dose of MTFU than MTFU hill.

I agree entirely. I struggled with it on every lap. On my last one I resorted to kicking steps. I tried to shoulder the bike but found I didn’t have the strength to move. OMG that was a little evil bleeder!

Bunnyhop

Is it too early to ask if ………They’ll be a summer 8 hour race?
    Runs away and hides in a dark cupboard.

Domino – I wish I’d known one of the lady riders was you, I did cheer everyone on though (marshal standing at the start of race point, wearing 6 layers, yes 6 layers).

hallz
    Free Member

I was nr 218 and came 220th. Pretty impressive! presuming the aim of course was to carefully judge your final position against the randomly allocated number handed out before the start…? 😀

mrlugz
    Free Member

Thanks to all the organisers, marshalls, and anyone else that made it happen.

Had a cracking ride, only off twice (one an OTB moment as a bloke on a cx decided to stop dead in front of me :P)

Struggled on the field up to MTFU hill, and struggled to get clipped back in having clogged cleats.

Would loved to have hung round and met up with the guys off here, but I struggled to get the van out the bottom carpark even though I left immediately after I finished.

Finished 52nd and well happy with that.

sambob
    Free Member

203 for me, aimed not to come last and succeeded. If I had done another lap instead of lurking I would probably only have gained about 5 places, so don’t regret lurking.

Harry_the_Spider

Is it too early to ask if ………They’ll be a summer 8 hour race?

It is never too early to ask.

The answer is no.

RustySpanner

Ha, a steady 227th for team Spanner 😀

Whooooooohooooo, SEVENTH FROM LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’d like to thank Aldi, BBQ land Kebab House in Radcliffe, and Joseph Holts brewery.
    Without you all this just wouldn’t have been possible.

See, with the correct training, diet and preparation, you too can live the dream.

Pook

164th for me. That’ll do!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

47th for me. Think i’m quite pleased.

vegasdave
    Free Member

130th for me,could have done better,could have done a lot worse…me mate finished 8th…..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Hit t'North’ is closed to new replies.