Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 215 total)
  • Hit t'North
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Anyone know when the results will be up?

domino

Well done, a fantastic event. Thank you organisers, marshalls, photographers and anyone that gave me any encouragement. I do think I might be in for the wooden spoon but I still had a fab time.

My Mum seemed to enjoy it too – nattering to a photographer, and giving some chap a leg rub with his cramps.

Sefton – sorry I didnt say hi, i didnt realise it was you til Mum and Dad mentioned it. You are a bit taller these days 😉

lipseal
    Free Member

The binners family in Sunday best 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fozzyuk

Great event, my first race / event etc of any type.

Had an excellent time, could have done without the blown tube on the last lap but massive thanks to all those telling me I was unlucky and asking if I had the tools I needed.

Huge kudos to the organisers, getting out of the car park was far from fun but again massive thanks to the helpers and pusher.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Daisy_Duke – Member
    Anyone know when the results will be up?

Why was there a race going on somewhere? 😉

cp

Top four on first lap

All on mtb’s I see 🙂

Sooo gutted I couldn’t be there. And to twist the knife more, my back is virtually pain free now. Agony last night 🙁

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Another doing their first event/race whatever you want to call it.
    Hard work, managed three laps which was the target beforehand.
    Sorry to any of the speedsters if I got in your way. Hello to the ‘Will Probably Die’ crew.
    Thanks to all of the organisers, marshals etc etc. Brilliant day and I’ll be back.

Harry_the_Spider

Results will be up when they are ready. Louise The Scoring Lady needed medical attention due to the cold 😯 . She’s alright now but pestering her wasn’t at the top of our to-do list.

lipseal
    Free Member

154hopperavenue – Member
    Hello to the ‘Will Probably Die’ crew.
    Thanks to all of the organisers, marshals etc etc. Brilliant day and I’ll be back.

I was the fat one on the Orange Voodoo SS 😉

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

I was slow one on the Orange Clockwork. Good to meet you mate.

binners

Thanks Jason and andy and everyone involved for a fantastic day

Bagpuss has asked me to state catagricaly, in reply to the photos posted, that I am indeed northern working class scum, but it’s nothing to do with her. She’s a reet classy lady and is merely trading down to ‘a bit of rough’ so she has something to discuss when she goes out for lunch in the high brow fleshpots of bury 🙂

ton

well done to all the riders, you must have all been bloody freezing……..i was.
    and hat’s off to all the cx riders with their narrow tyres (and binners, with his retro 1.5 polaris tyres).
    it must have been horrible get banged about on the frozen ruts.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

banged about on the frozen ruts

Some people pay top dollar for a bit of that 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Ed Rollason’s take on the day

http://www.edrollasonphotography.co.uk/?p=2214

dawson

big thanks to the guys for organising, and thanks to the marshals for the encouragement!

Really enjoyed the course, but made a right horlicks of that steep muddy climb every lap – ended up just dragging the bike!

Stayed behind to help push the cars up the hills – got a face full of fumes pushing that motorhome up the hill!

banged about on the frozen ruts

that’ll have to be the tag line for next year!

sefton
    Free Member

haha, Binners smoking a fag 🙄

Sefton – sorry I didnt say hi, i didnt realise it was you til Mum and Dad mentioned it. You are a bit taller these days

no probs thought I recognized you at the start then saw your dad (I even saw your mum giving the leg rub) 😯 haha, good to hear you enjoyed it.

Craig.

nbt

Right, now it clicks. Ed was the guy in brown with the Nikon and flash gun.. Sorry Ed, didn’t click at the time. In fact, apologies to anyone who said hello to me today who didn’t get an accurate and timely response, I said “Hey, how’s things” to far too many people when I knew the face but just couldn’t place the name. It must be my age or something

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Great day, nice to see everyone helping get the cars out.

Do u have to pay for the gritter? If there are not enough funds I suggest a whip round to cover the cost.

bullheart
    Free Member

T’was ace.

Set off at 3am from Kent, got up there, froze, rode race, felt shite (had treatment yesterday), jumped in van and drove back to Kent to get back for 5pm. Bit gutted about my performance, but under the circumstances it’ll have to do.

Loved the brass band, loved Ton shouting encouragement, love the course. Top work gentlemen, it was great.

Currently incapacitated, and listening to wife murmuring about whether it was ‘worth it’ continuously…

Harry_the_Spider
    fozzyuk

Bullheart putting us to shame again, ffs I can’t even drive that well, took me till nearly 5 to exit the carpark and get back to Halifax 😉

ton

bullheart, i tried to find you at the finish, for a chat, and to give you a fiver for the charity. TimP did me a favour and did not want the cash, he said donate it.

anyhow, well done mate, it was nice to shout at you….. 😆

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll publish the results in the morning, hangover permitting.
    aye…it was ace that wasn’t it?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ah, Bullheart, good to meet you fella, spoke to you in the carpark at the Rugby club before it started..

sefton
    Free Member

ace – my wife’s sick of hearing about it already 😆

how good where the berms!!! (did another lap just for them even though I knew it wouldn’t make the 2hrs)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m doing some of this shit soon. Looks immense fun.

Well done HTN lads for bothering to do things like this

Vortexracing

Well done HTN lads for bothering to do things like this

and to think one of them was going to jack it in a year or so back.

Bloody glad they didn’t.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Can we sign up for next years event tomorrow please?

bullheart
    Free Member

It was very nice to put name to faces…Sambob, Ton, Teatwo, Dr P, all very nice and very much adds to the atmosphere…

Gears next time though! 😀

fozzyuk

Can we sign up for next years event tomorrow please?

I reckon if you want good numbers open entry both on line and in the pub the evening on the day of the event, I’d do it again 😉

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

No point asking who won as the name won’t mean anything (although they clearly deserve the glory) but out of interest did the winner ride a CX bike or a MTB? Or did one of the fat tyre boys do it????

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Mean anything to me that is

MikeWW
    Free Member

Great events-thanks to all involved. Did it the year before last and had to miss it last year due to injury. Gets better and better. Very good course, nice atmosphere-top day out.
    A bit tougher on the cross bike with those ruts this time-infact it seemed the MTB’s just had the upper hand. One of the guys I was with managed to break a finger falling off his crosser lap 1 but he still finished LOL

JohnClimber
    Free Member

154hopperavenue – Member
    Or did one of the fat tyre boys do it????

No we didn’t, both of us completed 5 laps but the Pugsley beat my Mukluk by around 10 minutes.

The fat tyres were awesome for 25% of the lap, sailing over anything rutted or technical.

Moses parting the waves by Johnclimber, on Flickr

sambob
    Free Member

Those berms were incredible! Found my self looking ahead far more than I normally do, it really does make you faster!

vegasdave
    Free Member

And a big Thank You from me,organisers,marshalls,photographers etc..
    Was impressed by my fellow riders,some talented riders out there and more importantly,friendly ones…being encouraged by riders as you overtake them was a “first” for me…P.S. not that it happened THAT often..

iDave
    Free Member

I rode with johnclimber and his mate for a while, then lurked in the woods so I could get my car up the hill before the snow comedy started. His clown bike looked really ace. Still concerned for rider 226.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

No we didn’t, both of us completed 5 laps but the Pugsley beat my Mukluk by around 10 minutes.

The fat tyres were awesome for 25% of the lap, sailing over anything rutted or technical.
    And for 75% you must have had your work cut out!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks to Harry and his helpers and the trail pixies, super day, from TJ’s responsible adult.

nbt

Just finished my initial pass through my photos. 322 rejects means a phenomenal 767 that are decent enough to show people

what the **** do I do with 767 photos? Just uploading them’ll take about 24 hours, and it’ll probably blow through my broadband bandwidth for the month too!

might crack a beer for now and think about it in the morning

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Hit t'North’ is closed to new replies.