Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Hit the North roll call – latest start list
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

pretty much full now. If you want an entry you need to be really quick.

have a look here if you want to see who’s in.

it’s going to be historic.

Vortexracing

I had the intention of training for this.

it being my first attempt at racing (except MM in a team last year)

BUT

I have managed to do bugger all 😳

I have always fancied a nice 2 hour walk in Manchester 😆

terrahawk
    Free Member

you’ll be reet. there’s loads of bits of the course that reward skillz (you have got da skillz, yes?)

ton

if i see you walking, i will not tell anyone………… 😉

Vortexracing

if you see me walking I expect a piggy back

(bike an’all)

is that maxmax OK?

ton

sound mate……….he loves it… 8)

Vortexracing

grand, I bet he won’t be blending in with that colour of frame will he?

RustySpanner

I’ve only ridden a bike five times this year.
    I’m fatter than lardy cake.
    I have all the aerobic fitness of Young Mr Grace.
    My bike chainsucks if someone even mentions the m-u-d word.
    My only bike shoes have no tread.
    Did I mention that I’m a bit fat?
    And unfit?

Get bloody entered and stop being so soft.
    There’s no way you’ll be last, unless I get run over on the way to the cake shop this week. 😀

Vortexracing

I have entered, hence the walking reference.

BTW rusty spanner, if your going to the cake shop can you get a bulk order of doughnuts for the rest of us?

RustySpanner

I have entered, hence the walking reference.

Sorry Vortex, I misunderstood you there.

You’d trust me to go to the cake shop for you? With YOUR money?
    We’ve not met have we? 😀

ps, I picked up a pack of five custard doughnuts from the Co-Op earlier as they were reduced in price.
    Can’t seem to find them now………. 😳

Vortexracing

FIVE!!!

you have a sweet tooth I presume 😆

RustySpanner

Well, Ms Spanner had two 🙂
    And they are quite small.
    And we didn’t have all that much room left after the Chinese. 😐

Seriously, I’ve been in two minds whether to race myself. There seems to be an awful lot of fast lads and lasses in that line up and I don’t want to hold anyone up too badly.

I’ll give it a lap, throw some mud at Ton, curse Terrahawk for the nasty, sadistic egomaniac that he is then see how it goes.
    If don’t see my brekkie again on lap one I might just keep going. 😀

tthew

Yay! Can’t wait. I’m seriously considering upping the purgatory this year by putting the knobbolies back on the single speed CK/commuter bike. That or the MTB?? Cast your votes.

Edit, c’mon RS, you managed 8 hours last year with a busted knee (?? am I right??) you’ll piss 2.

RustySpanner

tthew, it’s wetter than on otters pocket out there at the mo – went for a walk round bits of the course earlier.

I’d just pick whichever bike you like riding the most, or which is easiest to clean, but I’m no expert as you know.

Are you and your Ed coming to the pub afterwards?
    Could do with a laugh at the mo….

tthew

I’m not sure that ‘like’ will really come into it come 10 o’clock next Saturday.

I don’t think I’ll be around on the Sat night, and the chances of Our Ed getting a pass out twice in one day at the moment, I’d hazard somewhere between slim and none. Anyway, I hear he’s gone all metrosexual, and I’m not sure you can achieve that level of drunk on port and lemon.

RustySpanner

Bloody musicians.
    Don’t think Miketually’s coming to this one either, which is a damn shame.

He’d get drunk on a brewery horses’ fart though, your Ed.
    It’s one of his best features 🙂

edhornby

I’ll be riding round, not as quickly as last year

it’ll be a laugh regardless 🙂

plus there is a ragley bike perving stall and post ride catering, what more can a man ask for ?

I have got a gig pencilled in on the saturday night, need to find out if it’s on or not – if not I will try for the pub… my drinking abilities are even worse than they were this time last year…

RustySpanner

That porridge was a bit of all right last year wasn’t it?
    They’ve done well with the catering, it’s been spot on at all the HtN’s.

I’m looking forward to the brass band too, as well as seeing all the regulars again.

Not looking forward to that ‘Oh God, I think I’m gonna die’ feeling with about 20 minutes to go 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

You won’t hold anyone up Pete. If the fast lads are good enough they’ll just ride past, no fuss.
    I don’t think there are any more fast types than usual 😉
    The course has plenty of overtaking-friendly bits.

terrahawk
    Free Member

…ENTRY WILL CLOSE AT 7PM TODAY…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is it over 2 laps?

If so I might stop halfway round and take photos of the leaders and only do a lap.

I’ll never win, so I’ll be out for a laugh instead and try and get some good shots instead.

MrSparkle

Its over as many laps as you can do in the time, fella.

ourmaninthenorth

I did some “training” yesterday. This involved trashing my back running up and down the Chorlton Mountain(tm) with my bike on my shoulder.

The people out for a stroll by the bank-bursting River Mersey looked at me as if I was insane.

I can confirm that, so long as the course doesn’t involve much running or carrying, doesn’t have any downhill more than 2% (my brakes don’t work), hasn’t got too much gloop (SS only), I ought to be just fine… 😯

However, the orange Holdsworth (Project SSCX) is nice and clean, so I ought to be able to spot it sticking out of a bog….

Harry_the_Spider

Is it over 2 laps?

Think you might be barking up the wrong tree here.

It is not at the same venue or on the same course as the summer ones. 3 mile laps. 20 is minutes to get round for the quick fellas.

DO NOT GO TO THE SUMMER VENUE*!

*Unless you realy want to. But there is no bike race there.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I know it’s at a new place

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=Phillips+Park,+Whitefield,+Manchester&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Philips+Park,+Whitefield,+Manchester+M45+7QJ,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&ei=eoT-TO-yCpK5hAeOzZHDCw&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA&ll=53.533038,-2.308127&spn=0.008277,0.009806&t=h&z=17

But I didn’t read it properly so it’s a
    “A 2 hour lap based event on a varied 3.5 mile course”

I might do a lap looking for a good spot to snap away and snap away on a 2nd lap.

Harry_the_Spider

Knock yourself out (figuratively).

terrahawk
    Free Member

or just knock yourself out.
    Go on. I’m paying loads of cash for medics so you might as well.

Harry_the_Spider

…and they’ve got a quad bike. Awesome.

Vortexracing

and they’ve got a quad bike

I wonder if they are open to bribes?

I should be able to get loads of laps in whilst sat on the back of one of them. 8)

terrahawk
    Free Member

it’s awesome.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Adders

I’ll be there. Not done it before, but expecting a mega mud fest!

BTW – with only a few days to go, I’ve not had any info about registration etc. I’m on the starting list, so do we just turn up ready to ride for 10 am?

cheers

ourmaninthenorth

BTW – with only a few days to go, I’ve not had any info about registration etc. I’m on the starting list, so do we just turn up ready to ride for 10 am?

Turn up before 10, sign on, pin number to your jersey, listen to riders’ briefing. Race.

ollie
    Free Member

my preparations have taken a bit of a dent this weekend just gone with a bout of Gastroenteritis which has knocked me for six, On the bright side I have lost a bit of excess weight.

terrahawk
    Free Member

rider email going out this evening. you’re on the list Tim. see you on Saturday.

Adders

thanks terrahawk, much appreciated. Can’t wait for Saturday 😀

RDL-82
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member

rider email going out this evening. you’re on the list Tim. see you on Saturday.

Anything important in this email?
    Ive just realised that the email i used to sign myself and three others up, i no longer have access to, whats the best way to recify this, email you on your email in your profile or via the original sign up route?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll post it up on the website

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Am I right in saying it’s north from M60 on to Bury New Road, left at the McDonalds on to Higher Road.
    Left onto Park Lane, cross Philips Park Road and then back over the motorway.

terrahawk
    Free Member

yes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North roll call – latest start list’ is closed to new replies.