Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Hit the North – Provisional start list and course photos.
  • nbt

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Not everyone is a great photographer

Cheeky bleeder.

Methinks the lady chap doth protest too much, you could have quoted the bit about not bothering to stop on the ace singeltrack 😉

Harry_the_Spider

bet it don't look that good at weekend, spot of rain forecast, hopefully heavens won't open properly until sunday.

Race Event day should be dry.

nbt

Could do with a spot of rain to bed the course down else the people at the back will see nowt for dust 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Peter Poddy Festival of Mountain Bicycle and General Awesome

I believe that's in a couple of weeks! Now it has a name! Yay!

LOL!! Now I know what FredBoy was on about earlier. Superb!

Made my day, that! :mrgreen:

Harry_the_Spider

Is Fred back amongst us?

terrahawk
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is Fred back amongst us?

I doubt it, but you never know….. 😉

There's been 'conversation' behind the scenes, shall we say, relating to this thread and other planned MTB events… One of which I dare not speak the name of. 8)

Harry_the_Spider

That would be the Big Bike Bash then?

There. Said it. Don't care. 😉

Myself and Nick have discussed toilets and such in the past.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**looks left and right**

Err, maybe….. Who's asking? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Is it secret? Until the middle of June we thought HtN was judging by the entries!

Now however it will be massive and impressive like this.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Like the Taj you say? I wouldn't argue with that.

Indeed, I don't even know how to start! 😉 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Like the Taj you say?

Yep. But with berms.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

"What iz thaat you say? A berm? A BERM!?!?"

BigDummy
    Free Member

No, no, no. Not a berm. A balm. It is very expensive.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

I may well be mis-quoting The Life of Brian. 🙂

EDIT: Hopelessly so. I had entirely forgotten that a balm is a dangerous animal

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. Never seen it, sorry……

BigDummy
    Free Member

It's not funny. 😉

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Just got back from a morning dropping flyers at bike shops around the New Forest and found this thread.

Great news that it is all go. I know there were worries and as said earlier HTN and BBB have been talking previously and sharing advice. No issues between us.

I think a few southerners are surprised by the difference in treatment from STW when threads are posted up here. I did go a 'little' over the top last year but was inspired by the HTN blanket coverage. I have deliberately reduced the level of BBBing this year but threads and posts still seem to disappear.

It is STW play ground so we just have to live with their decisions. Long live HTN, long live STW, please live BBB

Bunnyhop

I hope the Ladies Loos are not 'Bog standard'.
    Thick velvety loo roll, padded throne and baby pink walls are this years must for the female race goer. After all we do spend more time in the powder room than the boys.

Harry_the_Spider

You will have exclusive use of the ladies and the disabled loos on the site. Proper ones that flush, not your building site type TARDIS jobs.

Bring your own paper if you are fussy.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Breaking News – Following criticism of the HtN photos the team from BBB have appointed PeterPoddy as official photigrapher!

Come to the BBB to enjoy the weekend and then judge how well PP managed to capture the spirit.

Harry_the_Spider

If anybody wants to criticise our marking out technique please feel free as we’ve got the best part of 300 arrows to put up on Friday and I’d rather somebody else volunteered to do it. 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

In fairness we haven't bombarded this forum for some years now, we only started a few threads on here when the event was threatened by apathy.
    granted our relentless bombardment of the forum in 2008 perhaps caused the rules to be tightened anyway, but hey ho.

I don't think we get or have ever had any preferential treatment.

lcj

I did go a 'little' over the top last year but was inspired by the HTN blanket coverage. I have deliberately reduced the level of BBBing this year but threads and posts still seem to disappear.

I'm afraid this has quite a lot to do with why I dont want to attend WCA/BBB – I get fed up with references to it appearing on a lot of unrelated threads I read. Sorry 🙄

I do, however, wish you and the HTN team the very best for your respective events. Taking the time and effort to organise one is to be admired and commended.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

lcj – I did a secret event earlier this year but you didn't turn up to that one either. It was almost as if you hadn't heard about it. I guess I can't win.

😉

nbt

Harry_the_Spider – Member

If anybody wants to criticise our marking out technique please feel free as we’ve got the best part of 300 arrows to put up on Friday and I’d rather somebody else volunteered to do it

We'll be up earlyish on friday, I'll give you a hand if it's not done by the time we arrive.

lcj

lcj – I did a secret event earlier this year but you didn't turn up to that one either. It was almost as if you hadn't heard about it. I guess I can't win.

I was at this secret event, but I was so secretive you didn't know.

In seriousness, you obviously did win because your event was very popular, it's just that your marketing technique put me off. Nothing wrong with that. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time 8)

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I can piss off most people most the time as well!

lcj

I wouldn't advertise that as an attraction at the BBB 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Let's keep you away from our fire eater then to avoid cancelling each other out.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

nbt – Member

We'll be up earlyish on friday, I'll give you a hand if it's not done by the time we arrive.

I've been made redundant today so I'll be free on Friday, what time are you going to get there to start work?

Need a hand?

Harry_the_Spider

Sh1t!

We'll need some hands in the afternoon to help with the barriers and beer tent if anyone is free.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

From what time?

robdob
    Free Member

Peter Poddy Festival of Mountain Bicycle and General Awesome
    I believe that's in a couple of weeks! Now it has a name! Yay!

Even if the course turns out to be crap, the photos blurred, the beer tasteless and the organisation chaotic, the one thing you could guarantee with unwavering certainty is that an event with that title is bound to have good cake.

"put me back on my bike, burp"

Harry_the_Spider

2:00 ish

Harry_the_Spider

Even if the course turns out to be crap, the photos blurred, the beer tasteless and the organisation chaotic, the one thing you could guarantee with unwavering certainty is that an event with that title is bound to have good cake.

The Colossal Cake Caper ?

edhornby

in true mancunian tradition….. it's p1ss1ng it down, lets hope it dries a bit in the next few days 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Don'y worry there is a wet weather contingency that will swing into place.

miketually
    Free Member

I'm sorting train tickets out tomorrow, so will aim to get down for early afternoon to help out.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – Provisional start list and course photos.’ is closed to new replies.