Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hit The North event – a few questions
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

So, is it worth bringing the family? Anything for them to see or do once the event is on?

And, what is the terrain like? A ride in a field or is it more like a trail centre type route?

Cheers for any help.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

IMO not really family area, apart from spectating or going for a walk.

Terrain – varied 🙂 less suspension the better really as you will end up carrying/dragging it.

Some nice flow trail centre short sections, a climb up a near vertical muddy bank, and then that field…

(That’s if the course is what it was)

postierich
    Free Member

Probably bring the family to look after the car 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

(That’s if the course is what it was)

nope, it’s none of the previous course(s)!

MrSparkle

Er, that’s not what I’ve heard (from the organiser).

xherbivorex
    Free Member

really? tom went on the preview ride and he reckoned it was almost all entirely different.

MrSparkle

Jase texted me last night and said it was 1/2 old and 1/2 new.

nbt

Plans must have changed because Jase did say on here that the course “bears no resemblance to any previous HTN course

Harry_the_Spider

There is a kids play area in Philips Park. There are also various walking routes around the park and in Prestwich and Mere Cloughs if you want to have an explore.

Park Layout

tomhoward

If I were to go to Philips park on saturday, would I be able to ride most of the course, or is it different to what you’d ride if not in the race?

nbt

Certainly for previous races, the course covered bits not normally used for cycling

tomhoward

Ah, so not worth going over for a recon mission then?

grenosteve
    Free Member

Was pondering, rigid steel 29er or SC Superlight for HTN.

Looks like a ridged bike would be best?

nbt

Keep an eye on he MNPR threads. You may see a preview ride pop up. You might not though

Harry_the_Spider

As HTN is next weekend and the only MNPR between now and then will be in Ramsbottom then the answer is “You might not though”.

tomhoward

So, parking then…

Is there a relatively close ‘drop off’ point? Where someone could stop for 5 mins, get bike/kit out of car then have the driver drive off to ditch the car somewhere else?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Is there a relatively close ‘drop off’ point? Where someone could stop for 5 mins, get bike/kit out of car then have the driver drive off to ditch the car somewhere else?

if you drive a car into the park then you’re not getting it out again until the race is finished. So don’t do that.

Re: the course and where it goes and where it doesn’t go and how much of it has been used before and how much or it is new.
    The course is different to previous races.
    It uses sections of trail that have been used before.
    There is no horrible field but there are 2 water crossings.
    But f*** me does it matter?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Tom – you should have had an email by now with all the details of where to go and when.
    And I’ve copied and pasted the same email onto the HtN facebook page.
    Did you go for a ride in the park this morning? Maybe our paths crossed.

tomhoward

Nah, figured if it’s gonna be different from whats normally there then it’s would only confuse me come race time. Yeah I saw the Facebook post. Early start methinks as will be getting a lift with my pit crew/girlfriend from Leeds.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hit The North event – a few questions’ is closed to new replies.