• This topic has 96 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Hit the North Entry – Open for 1 day only!
  • tthew

Can’t come to the aftershow party now, as it’s our club dinner the same night. It was a very close decision believe me, but I get a prize there and there’s NO chance of me winning one in Prestwich 😀

FWIW, I’ve done this race on both CX and MTB. I don’t think my fitness was much different, but the CX bike was definitely faster.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shame you are not going elf it would be a laugh

DrP

What’s the fancy dress code? Being a southerner,i may wear my finest suit…..

DrP

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AS for speed – It ain’t gonna matter how fast you are cos on the course will be the mighty tandem ” if you can’t be fast be wide” and if anyone gets in our way we shall simply run them over 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

if anyone gets in our way we shall simply run them over

I cannot wait to see how much you want to kill A and J after the first time up the steps and the run up …oh and the Somme.

Infact, I would like to make sure someone films you just to hear the curses 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you’re racing on the tandem tj? sweet!

I’ll be marshalling again gents.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is this a deliberate attempt to try and wind us up?

No. It’s an honest answer to a question I was asked. Nothing more, nothing less.

My personal view is that it’s not worth the time, money and effort for me to come all that way, for such a short time, to such a place. That’s just my personal onion. Obviously many others think differently. What a wonderfully diverse society we live in.

It’s not an attempt top wind you up at all, so please don’t take it in that way.

It must have enthused some people who were intelligent enough to negotiate the entry system.

I’m obviously too stupid then. Thanks for pointing that out.

Your non-attendance is probably the best outcome under the circs, quite honestly.

TBH I’d not want to come to an event where I din’t feel welcome, and where certain individuals felt they had the right to judge me without ever meeting me.

There. That’s me being honest, open and sincere. Sorry if that offends.

X

sambob
    Free Member

You sure you’re not GW in disguise Teej? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member

you’re racing on the tandem tj? sweet!

racing may be slightly overstating it.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll be marshalling again gents.

Good man.

The council have made us change the course today because of on going trail repairs. The swoopy bit after the Field Of Despair will be replaced by a section of fire road and…

you are going to love this…

wait for it…

The Second Field Of Despair!

Ha ha ha ha ha

Harry_the_Spider

On the subject of all this bitching. Please can we stop? It will only go one way and to be honest I don’t want it and neither does HtN. The race is full.

Those that are in are in. Those that aren’t are not.

The End.

terrahawk
    Free Member

You were looking for some kind of grovelling apology for some kind of perceived error on our part and a free entry, Aziz. Don’t try to dress it up as anything else.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was perfectly prepared to pay the (relatively low) entry fee, as I’d be happy to contribute towards a great cause.

And issue I had with the long-winded entry system wasn’t addressed, I wasn’t given any explanation or an alternative way to pay, which I offered to do. Have it right. Then certain individuals decided to have a pop at me, when it had nothing to do with them.

I was looking forward to entering, but lost any enthusiasm for the event following your obvious hostility towards me.

You don’t know me, you’ve never met me, so don’t judge me.

If you wish to continue this, you’ve got my email.

X

Oh, and for the record, I hope you have a great event, and good on you for putting it on. Just to show you that I actually do appreciate the effort you guys have made.

hallz
    Free Member

This will be my first event and i have been looking forward to it immensely. On Sunday a few of us rode down from north Bolton and had a look around the place.

Wish we hadn’t!!!

I have no idea where the field of dispair is, or Tons descent or any other named feature. All i know is that we went around some parts that feature on the video. We also crossed a field… Whether it was field of despair 1 or field of despair 2 i cannot say, but the title seems most accurate!

Harry_the_Spider

Swamp with a 5° gradient for about 200m that kicks up to 45° at the end?

iDave
    Free Member

field of despair spelled backwards is riapsed fo dleif, which makes it much less daunting

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Memories or nightmares?

hallz
    Free Member

That description fitted the bill…

I was looking at the backward spelling trying to come up with an anagram but my eyes could only see raped to death.

Harry_the_Spider

That’ll be FOD 2.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How many rode up MTFU hill last year?

Harry_the_Spider

Nobody rides up MTFU Hill.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is that a challenge?

hallz
    Free Member

as a newbie.. what does MTFU stand for? Before pressing enter, i have a feeling this will be a daft question!

Harry_the_Spider

Is that a challenge?

No. It is a fact.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You soft norverners can’t get up that?

😆

I’ve seen access ramps steeper than that…

Harry_the_Spider

Pook

Oh well. You’ve missed out. Your loss. (Seriously)

can’t wait chaps, looking forward to the ‘ride’, the drinks, the curry, the atmosphere, banter and everything else that goes with it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Is that a challenge?

No. It is a fact.

Ha! we will have a go Long wheelbase, lots of traction and low gears.

Harry_the_Spider

You’ll get a prize… two actually.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Prize? We’ll erect a statue.

Harry_the_Spider

…two actually

JohnClimber
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Ha! we will have a go Long wheelbase, lots of traction and low gears.

Fat bike low PSI traction for me, finger crossed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trouble is we are both old and unfit 🙂

Good climbers / fit strong folk should be able to get a tandem up almost anything as it won’t wheelie and you have a lot of traction. However Julie and I did blow up a few freehubs trying 🙂

edhornby

there look to be a fair few entrants who are handy with a bike, I think my mid-table mediocrity is in danger of being reduced to bottom-third loserdom (I’m glad rusty has entered so I won’t be last), I’ll make up for it in the pub later

oh and tthew you’re lame, you had an L shaped sofa to sleep on and a 6am alarm courtesy of your favourite niece, you chose Northwich???? 🙂

Pook

woah woah woah! Bottom third loserdom?

Every one who enters htn is a winner. Everyone.

RustySpanner

Cheeky sod Hornby. 😀

I’ve not been last yet!
    And as long as Louie’s wife keeps making him go home after the first lap I never will be 😛

tthew

6am alarm courtesy of your favourite niece,

which is preferable to a 5am face full of Smokie’s arse I suppose. but yes, I did. Soz.

miner29er
    Free Member

Ok guys, I sort of understand how the winner of the event is selected but that’s of little interest to me tbh. I really need to get my head around strategies at the other end of the race. Say if I’m 20 yards past the finish line when the 2 hrs is up can I stop and turn around without having to ride that final lap or would I end up as a DNF if I did that?

Junkyard
    Free Member

depends on how well you can beg

Harry_the_Spider

Say if I’m 20 yards past the finish line when the 2 hrs is…

May I suggest that you “lurk” in the bushes with everybody else then sprint for the line at 2 hr 0 min 5 sec.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North Entry – Open for 1 day only!’ is closed to new replies.