Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hit by a car while commuting home
  • utangvegas

Hello, I’m after some help and advice.

Last week while riding home from work on my road bike I was hit by a car. Guy was driving the other way when he turned right straight into me. Police arrived and I was taken to hospital in an ambulance with pain in my neck and back. After an evening in hospital I was released as they felt nothing was broken. My doctor has since sent me back for more x-rays as he things otherwise and I have a lot of pain in my neck and back still, I’m waiting on the results.

My road bike is smashed up and I’ve sent images to his insurance but I’m waiting to hear from them.

Should I wait to hear from the drivers insurance or should I look for my own solicitor?

Has anyone else been through a similar thing or got any advice? Thanks

tthew

BC or Cycling Today if you are a member, or just approach Leigh Day directly if not is the usual advice.

If you are actually injured, definately need proper legal advice.

trumpton
    Free Member

when I was hit I went to bikeline. It was no win no fee and they sent me to a private doctors for an assessment. The whole process was easy and as well as getting my bike repaired I got some compensation for a scar I had.

keithd
    Free Member

I went through Leigh Day when I was knocked off and they were great. Kept me informed at every stage and got me a decent compo package at the end of it.
    As tthew says you really need legal representation if you are injured. Pass them any photos of injuries/damage and don’t speak to the drivers insurance.
    Good luck mate and hope your injuries are not serious.

mattbee

Similar accident last year, luckily not hospitalised but bike and both my knees damaged (took me months to recover!)

Used the legal cover part of my household contents insurance (Pedalcover) to deal with it.

They did a good (if slow) job, dealt with the other parties insurance, arranged physio, etc… and last month I received a pleasant sum of money by way of damaged part replacement, cancelled race fee costs etc and compensation.

crazy-legs

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/131099/

This thread on London Fixed Gear & SS forum went on for years until finally they cut out all the anecdotal stories and preserved it as a “what to do in case of accident” thread. Worth a read.

Hope you recover quickly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hit by a car while commuting home’ is closed to new replies.