Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Hit by a car this morning, and its going to be interesting….
  • Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Peter –

Sorry I only saw this Friday night and off for the weekend.

Can you pm me please –

charliedontsurf

Great work… but I would of had my iPhone recording the conversation. It’s amazing what people say when they don’t know they are being filmed. You could have got a full on confession.

I got hit by a wing mirror when walking on a pavement. Women got fighty because she thought I hit her car! “My husband is going to beat you up”

A few days later the husband, a local “security guard” is at the shop door “I’m going to punch your **** face in”

Police watched the iPhone video. All sorted within an hour.

Unfortunately he was severely beaten up recently, intensive care, blood all over the pavement…. Not nice. I hear arrests have been made.

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea, CTBM. How did you manage to film them without them knowing?

pingu66
    Free Member

So he has had two opportunities to provide his insurance details and refused on both occasions. Or did he just flea the scene originally, can’t recall.

Is it an offence to fail to provide your insurance details as well.

boblo
    Free Member

‘Flea the scene’ LOL 🙂

charliedontsurf

You simply get your phone out, record video and hold it down by your side. Hardly covert. No one seems to notice it.

Does not matter where it points, it’s the audio that counts.

You can also just have it sticking out of a shirt pocket.

It also keeps you sane, you know they will **** up, and you know you must stay cool. People can be thick. I had a welsh idiot threaten me on the phone because his bender fender fell off. FFS. I talked to him on speaker phone, recorded it on the iPhone , asked leading questions… “So you are driving from Wales to swanage right now, with your mates, and you are going to beat me up?.”.. “Yes”. He even confirmed his name. Confirmed he would smash the shop window if he could not smash me. What a **** idiot..

I then emailed him the file and told him if I ever hear from him again, I will publish the file on youtube, share it with his employer and the police. If my shop gets damaged ever, I will also share it with the police.

pingu66
    Free Member

Sorry flee! I blame spell checker!

pingu66
    Free Member

Sorry flee! I blame spell checker!

pingu66
    Free Member

Sorry flee! For those that never make mistakes. I blame spell checker!

pingu66
    Free Member

pingu66
    Free Member

pingu66
    Free Member

scaredypants

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jujuuk – YHM

pingu66
    Free Member

PC acting up sorry 🙁

ScottChegg
    Free Member

eoghan – the police apologist. If you want to bang on how busy the filth are try a different target; it doesn’t wash with me.

So, apart from filling in a 36 page form, checking the driver’s insurance, and going and speaking to him, they’ve been utterly bone idle.

I [/u]filled in the 36 page form; it was mailed to me as a PDF. I had to pay to post the fricking thing back, too.

Churchill told me he was not insured. Plod who took my initial report checked and found it SORN.

Just calling on someone isn’t exactly pursuing justice is it? Especially, as above, failing to stop is supposed to be SERIOUS. Unless they can’t be bothered to chase it.

Having no insurance, driving an SORN car and failing to stop are all worthy of a day in court, I’d have thought. Not if you are GMP.

tymbian
    Free Member

@peterpoddy, chase the enquiry by the police..you need the insurace details for replacements etc.

andymc06
    Free Member

ScottChegg slating the police again – yawn. Perhaps allow them time to deal with this before unfounded condemnation. I hope you get a good outcome on all this PP.

singletrackmind

Any update on this PP?

tymbian
    Free Member

c’mon PP, the perp must’ve been hung drawn n quartered by now..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So anyway:
    The police aren’t prosecuting. Fine. I sort of expected that without a witness. (I did have several offers to find one though….)
    But I have his details (which I’ll gladly plaster all over this thread if anyone s interested) and I’ve made a call to his insurance company who were all ears when I said he’d driven off without exchanging details…..
    I’ve knocked myself a quote up at work for the cost as well.
    All good fun! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Good luck with it all Mr P, he’ll get his comeuppance.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think you’ll need an independent quote PP. As you say, without a witness it’s going to be 50/50.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They don’t know where I work…….
    8)

without a witness it’s going to be 50/50.

Yeah. It might be. But then again it might not. Gotta suck it and see first, but he DID come from behind me over my right shoulder and a simple diagram of a roundabout proves that.
    And he’s gonna get a nice surprise this week when his insurance company make contact.

charliedontsurf

Best of luck… Let us know how it goes.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I was there and saw everything PP if you need me as a witness.

Dave, Halifax

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Hit by a car this morning, and its going to be interesting….’ is closed to new replies.