Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Hit and run scumbag – CCTV footage
  • edlong
    Free Member

Well, personally, I thought the two comments about “minorities” and “Indian men and the like” were pretty racist, but others may disagree.

Not going to get into a big debate about it, we all know how that will end on here! Let’s agree to disagree?

GrahamS

I agree it wasn’t how I would choose to phrase it – and you were absolutely right to question it – but I do think there is a growing danger in the UK that you can’t ever mention anything relating to race without being called out as a racist.

Vinte
    Free Member

Looks like a fairly standard move Audi/BMW drivers carryout on a daily basis. I see it all the time. I suppose on this occasion someone got in their way (how dare they). It’s a fact that they need to get to places faster than the rest of us, such is their importance.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fingerbike
    Free Member

If he does get caught it will probably be a 3 point £60 fine for driving without due care and attention. Was knocked off my bike a few years back in an intentional hit and run, luckily with just cuts and bruises, the police caught him later and the court gave the guy just that.
    When I was informed of the verdict, it was too late to appeal directly to the police or court. Was told I would have to complain to The Attorney General, who would have brought it up in the Court of appeal if I had a case, guess what happen when I did this.

This country is laughably lenient on driving offences, I still maintain, if you want to commit murder and get away with it, use a car.

GrahamS

Looks like a fairly standard move Audi/BMW drivers carryout on a daily basis.

Car-ist! 😉

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Bloody Nora! 😯

plyphon
    Free Member

By “minorities” I was referring to Golf MK1/2 drivers, BMW M3 drivers, Saxo VTR lowered with rimz bruv drivers. NOT ethnicity. Another “OMG RACIST M8 WOT U DONT LIKE BLAKZ M8” jump the gun.

Coventry (and the midlands in general) has a large following of aftermarket vehicle modification. This was the road minorities I was referring to.

mi·nor·i·ty
    /m??nôr?t?/
    Noun
    The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number.
    The number of votes cast for or by the smaller party in a legislative assembly.

(nothing about race there)

plyphon
    Free Member

And as I said, I wasn’t racially pigeon holing – I was stating a fact: There are a lot of people who are not of British decent who drive Audi A4’s in Coventry city center.

This is not a racist remark, this is a FACT.

I know this because I lived there for 3 years and it’s something that became apparent quite quickly.

Really winds me up how some people cant handle a conversation involving race without bringing up the OMG RACIST PRIK card.

martinhutch

But it wasn’t a conversation about race before you introduced it. It was a conversation about dangerous driving.

Perhaps people were trying to work out how your comment about the ethnicity of the many Audi drivers in Coventry was relevant to the thread?

edlong
    Free Member

Having said I wasn’t going to engage in this further because I’d said what I wanted to say, I have something to add (sorry!), which is that I simply do not believe that by “minorities” you did not mean ethnically. If I’m wrong then (1) Apologies and (2) you might want to think about how you word things a bit more carefully – I’m sure that you can see that in that context, saying “minorities” COMES ACROSS very much as a word that would be used to refer to ethnic minorities.

My belief that you did mean this, and are now trying to BS with “I meant Saxo drivers (etc.)” is partly informed by your subsequent post about “Indian men and the like”. I’d be interested to see how you could twist that one to not have been stereotyping by ethnicity.

ski
    Free Member

If we are making wild guesses, my needle in the haystack stab in the dark guess is the plates are fake and the driver might have had a serious criminal reason why him/her/it did not want to stop.

patriotpro
    Free Member

ski – Member
    If we are making wild guesses, my needle in the haystack stab in the dark guess is the plates are fake and the driver might have had a serious criminal reason why him/her/it did not want to stop.

Yeh he’d have been lynched good-style. At least.

plyphon
    Free Member

I guess what race someone is is such a non issue for me that I feel comfortable using the word “minorities” without assuming people will think I am referring to race.

I’m sorry you don’t feel the same way and race is such an issue for you that the word has now become tarnished.

The Audi comment was made because the car in the incident was an Audi. I was simply stating a fact that there are a lot of them (Audi’s – before anyone gets that one confused) in Cov city center, and that a lot of them are driven by Indians (and other nationalities from that region of the world). This is a statement based on observation and fact – if you’re unable to deal with that fact due to the issues of race then I am sorry. It was simply meant as an insight into the area, not to implicate any one race or nationality.

END.

craigxxl
    Free Member

No condoning the Audi driver racing around like a tit but the mother should also have used the crossing that was to her right as the zig zag lines can be seen in the video.
    Even a crossing doesn’t protect a person from a car badly driven but most people would stop to allow her to cross instead of having to cross on the worst part of the road.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

terrible bit of driving, to be even considering overtaking down road like that, its clearly a high street of some form, so it was a dangerous overtake straight away as there is a junction to the right too

BUT if it was my kid im not sure id be crossing there TBH if there was a zebra crossing just up the road, its just a bit lazy to not walk 10 metres up the road, not condoning it though its shocking to just drive away like that…

the way the cars been driven through a busy street just screams ‘stolen’ to me though

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Hit and run scumbag – CCTV footage’ is closed to new replies.