Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hire car etiquette
  • paul4stones

I’ve had a hire car for the week and it’s had my muddy son in it after he’d done a cross country race and then I’ve stuffed a Christmas tree in the back of it. Do I clean it before returning or leave it for them to do?

jota180
    Free Member

Do the TCs say you could be liable for a cleaning fee?

AD

Your call – do you want to pay a cleaning bill or not? 🙂
    It would be a rare set of of T and C’s that don’t mention an excess cleaning charge.

d45yth
    Free Member

Seriously? Take it back as is…but expect a cleaning charge. I hire trasit vans now and again. I’d always give them a sweep out and make sure there was no rubbish left in them…and that’s a commercial van!

paul4stones

I did think I should clean it out really but was going to stop short of a full valet.

nealglover
    Free Member

You just need to remove anything that you have added over and above what would be expected in normal use.

They don’t expect cars back looking the same as they left otherwise you would t be able to use them, but getting rid of line needles and excessive mud would be a good idea.

As an idea of the “excess cleaning charge” they pay Me £77 to valet cars that require it when they are returned.

They will charge the customer more than they pay Me that’s for sure !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hire car etiquette’ is closed to new replies.