Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HIPS and Taking House Off Market
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Trying to sell my house in Bristol from overseas, i know the timing is rubbish. It’s been on since July and interest has been pathetic so if i now take the house of the market are there any pitfalls re. fees i should be aware? The HIP was (i think) commissioned through the agent, is this still usable if we decide to put house back on the market in 12 + months?

Thanks

MrNutt
    Free Member

its your house, tell the estate agent you wish to market the property at an unreasonably high price (say £30k above what you have it on at the moment. Its up to you what price you sell your house for, if they can’t sell it for that then thats their look out and you don’t get any fees to pay?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We’re in the same situation, we’ve been told that if it’s off the Market then it becomes void. We were told that if you change agents, then the move has to be completed in the same day, or else it’s void. Of course this could be bollocks, but it was the hips man who told. Me. Although he did promote our old combi to a rated status, so I don’t neccesarily think he knows what he’s on about

uplink
    Free Member

From the HIPS website
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome/Homeinformationpacks/DG_171803

How long does a HIP last for?

While the property is on the market, there is no need to update the HIP. If the sale of your property stops and then starts again, you may have to compile a new HIP and provide up-to-date documents.

However, you can carry on using the same HIP without the need to update any of the documents where:

* marketing stopped because an offer was accepted and the sale has fallen through (but remarketing must start within one year of the date when marketing first began or, if later, within 28 days of the sale falling through)
    * marketing has stopped for any other reason and the seller remarkets the property within one year of the date when marketing first began.

The effect of this is that the HIP has a shelf-life of at least 12 months for the seller.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Hello Dan! The UK housing market has taken a bit of a dive and i guess things would be better later if you can carry on renting it out. We’re all feeling the pinch over here – mainly because the BBC keep telling us how awful things are, so no one’s spending any money. Hope the ecomomy is better for you down under. Good luck, mate! Giler.

easygroove
    Free Member

Cheers Giler, The media here are a little more optimistic and recession has not bitten that hard, mining, property and finance have taken hits but not like in the UK.

Will keep renting it out but just wanted to get shut of ther bloody thing!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HIPS and Taking House Off Market’ is closed to new replies.