Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hip pain – bike fit
  • PMK2060

I have recently bought a cx bike for commuting to work and weekend road rides. I am experiencing hip pain after short rides of <20 miles. I have lowered the saddle slightly as I think it was too high but this has not really helped. I did a 30 mile ride on the mtb at the weekend with no pain so assume its the set up of the cx bike causing the pain. Any ideas what could be causing this, I.e. saddle position. Apart from the hip pain I feel comfortable on the bike.

Scapegoat

Whereabouts is the hip pain? It could be a number of factors, but if it’s at the back or crest of your hip it’s likely to be down to the bent over position on drop bars, and may ease as you get used tot eh riding position. If it’s deep in the joint it could be something else…. I have a condition known as FAI, femoral acetabular impingement, which is a wearing away of or damage to the cartilage in the hip joint itself. Does the pain only show when you cycle, or do you get other occasional twinges?

PMK2060

Scapegoat – It’s the lower part of my hip (I guess more in the side buttock area). I have not used the drops to be honest and have been riding on the hoods.

dobo
    Free Member

sounds like you need to stretch your hips to me or you have a muscle imbalance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hip pain – bike fit’ is closed to new replies.