Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Hillsborough
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I saw that earlier but refrained from starting a new thread. I fail to see the point of putting him on trial, he cocked up but he’s no longer serving. What is the benefit to anyone of further vilifying the man. All it will do is divert money that could be put to better use.

He will have to live with his actions for the rest of his day’s.. I think that is punishment enough

curto80
    Free Member

I’m going to try to avoid ranting at that TP, but it’s difficult as this is a very emotive subject.

i’m just going to say I disagree and leave it at that. I’m delighted to see justice catching up with him after all this time. the surviving relatives of the 96 deserve this moment.

ElShalimo

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>He will have to live with his actions for the rest of his day’s.. I think that is punishment enough</span>

That is only relevant if he accepts he’s culpable

andyrm
    Free Member

I’m going to try to avoid ranting at that TP, but it’s difficult as this is a very emotive subject.

i’m just going to say I disagree and leave it at that. I’m delighted to see justice catching up with him after all this time. the surviving relatives of the 96 deserve this moment.

^^ Fully agree here. For too long, people in public office have managed to avoid justice or being sacked, losing pension etc by “retiring”. Hopefully this is the start of significant change.

If found guilty, he should not only be imprisoned but also lose all police pension etc. It’s absolutely morally wrong that he should continue to “earn” a generous pension when if there’d not been a cover up and a proper inquiry at the time, he’d have been sacked & lost it as well as face criminal charges at the time.

I say this as someone who has 2 cousins who survived but have faced lifelong struggles with it ever since.

curto80
    Free Member

Spot on Andy

binners

Well, who’d have thunk it?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/cps-drops-all-charges-against-former-hillsborough-police-officer-norman-bettison

No charges to answer? And so another establishment whitewash begins and once again waves 2 fingers to the 96

Northwind

A key witness has passed away apparently. But I bet delaying the case for 20 years had nothing to do with that.

andyrm
    Free Member

Awful. An absolute fit up. They’ll have been waiting for the witness to die and so any chance of a conviction.

Part of me hopes that someone gets blinded by low sun glare and doesn’t see him. **** horrible man whosw got off Scot free and shown not a fraction of remorse or even sadness.

curto80
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted

I hope the stress has made his life very difficult these last few months. And there’s not many people I would wish that upon.

cheers_drive

His statement afterwards was awful, whether he’s guilty or not he made it all about his persecution and suffering and how he knew justice would prevail whilst barely mentioning the 96. Why is he acting like he had just been found innocent? as a ex policeman he should no the difference between innocent and insufficient evidence.

ElShalimo

May he eternally be shat on by passing birds

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Hillsborough’ is closed to new replies.