Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hiking boot insoles
  • Mounty_73

After a big walk yesterday my feet were a bit sore, my insoles are looking very worn.

I have been looking at Sorbothane insoles, anyone use these?

Or any other alternatives worth looking at?

Cheers.

brooess
    Free Member

Look at your socks as well

Superfeet are your friend

They’ll last several pairs of boots and are a lot lighter than Sorbothane

surfer
    Free Member

I have used them for years. Not sure about all the shock absorbancy claims etc but they are comfortable and they last for years.

z1ppy

I’ve had good experiences with superfeet, but I’d suggest going to a store with a trained staff who will guide you to purchase the correct version, as getting the ‘right’ one isn’t a simple as picking the one to match your foot size (Go-outdoors sell em).

gonefishin
    Free Member

Other brands include superfeet. Not used them for proper hiking boots but they help with other shoes and are much more comfortable. If hiking is a regular thing then I’d be thinking about custom made. More expensive but will be much better.

Mounty_73

I have good socks, my feet are sore where the soles are worn, both in the same place.

My feet obviously lean inwards slightly.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I use Sole footbeds in my workboots and walking boots. I can really recommend them.

They are relatively cheap for heat moldable footbeds, compared to Superfeet.

Sole

somouk
    Free Member

I use sorbothanes in my road marching boots and they’re excellent. We often do silly mileage on hard surfaces so knees etc take a pounding but the sorbothanes really did make a difference.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Sorbothane insoles are super comfortable and replicate the fat-pads on your feet which thin as we age.Go for Sorbothane Full Strike(Around £18),for most shock-absorbing effect.

audiophile
    Free Member

Tried Sorbothanes but they filled my shoes too much to be comfortable. Thicker socks sorted the problem for me.

BadlyWiredDog

I like the Sole insoles as well. If you don’t want to spend loads, Grangers G20 Trek are a tenner and work pretty well ime. The Superfeet stuff comes in all sorts of designs, they can lack padding up top – the green ones do – which makes them a little harder on the feet, though there is a version with a thin foam layer on top. It’s why I prefer the Soles ones.

I always find sortbothane has a sort of dead feel to it, which I dislike when running in particular. But honestly, those Granger ones are great value for a tenner, do most of what the more expensive ones do and are a definite upgrade on the usually shonky original footbeds.

With the Sole ones, the heat moulding just simulates them wearing in for few days use btw.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depends on the tyre of sore your feet are.

If it’s comfort/abrasion type issues, look at sorbothane.

If it’s aching, structural type issues, superfeet.

If it’s crippling plantar fascists, start asking around for a good physio/podiatrist/biomechanist.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve always used Conform’able (fr) custom moulded footbeds (now SIDAS I think), but Superfeet and/or most other quality footbeds will be 10x better than the basic footbed supplied in most shoes/boots. sore knees and/or feet should be a thing of the past

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I always liked sorbothanes, took to using them in work boots too, on hot steel decks and such.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Salford Insoles as an alternative to Superfeet and Sole, but I didn’t realise they were £35.

Decathlon stock more insoles than you can shake a stick at.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hiking boot insoles’ is closed to new replies.