Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Highest campervan ownership per capita in the world- Staveley?
  • Premier Icon thegeneralist
    Free Member

Took a ittle detour through there today and couldn’t believe the number of motorhomes and van conversions parked all over the shop. Didn’t look to be people dossing in them, more parked outside the owners’ houses. Reckon n I saw around thirty or so just on the few streets I went down.

I guess Staveley attracts outdoorsy type people that perhaps don’t have the cash/priority to spend £500k on a two bed terrace like in the other parts of the lakes.

Anyone think of anywhere with more? Fort Bill, Bishop, 29 Palms, Rotorua, Cham……

Premier Icon postierich
    Free Member

Yep plenty of van owners living here does attract the outdoor lot 🙂

Premier Icon scotroutes

Aviemore (and area). Everybody and their dog has a campervan. Except the visitors. They have lovely holiday houses.

Premier Icon bob_summers

Every village in the Basque Country seems to have a whole street of vans and motor homes parked up

Premier Icon alanl
    Free Member

I was thinking Staveley, Derbyshire must have gone up in the World.

Premier Icon tomd

Go to any affluent residential area comprising of bungalows. Huge behemoth on every driveway for folk living out their hard earned final salary pensions and unearned property wealth.

There’s a road like that near us and the campervan top trumps are escalating. One of the old boys just got a huge coach derived monster. Looks like he has an actual coach parked on the drive. The sort of thing that has a integral smart car port.

Premier Icon timbog160

Our neighbour works in a motorhome dealership. She said the last few months has been insane. They can’t get the things out the door fast enough. We have considered it for the last couple of year but not got round to it. I now think though that there will be some low mileage bargains around in next 12-18 months…

Premier Icon scotroutes

Note: I was separating campervan and motorhome into two distinct vehilcle types. The former is primarily the transport of the childless outdoorsy types, singles or couples. The motorhomes are more likely to be owned by pensioners.

Premier Icon tomd

Yep probably but I don’t think the real glut will hit until the current time & cash rich retired generation exit the market in a smaller box. But then I think that’ll affect the larger motorhomes more than the transporter esque vans where there demographic seems different.

Premier Icon thegeneralist
    Free Member

Note: I was separating campervan and motorhome into two distinct vehilcle types. The former is primarily the transport of the childless outdoorsy types, singles or couples. The motorhomes are more likely to be owned by pensioners.

Yep exactly. Staveley is definitely campervan rather than motorhomes. Though there are a few older knackereder motorhomes too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.